Logging

Hello,

I’m a new user with years of Air Traffic Control automated information systems experience and I have to say this is one great application (kudos to Mike). This being said, as a way of predicting weather in my area (southern part of the Province of Quebec in Canada, about 20 miles, as the crow flies, from North Troy Vermont) I follow the barometric pattern from a few stations west of my geographical location (for example if the barometric pressure in Ottawa is X, then the barometric pressure in my location will be X, but in 3 hours). I set Weather Watcher to log barometric pressure in my location in order to transfer this data to an EXCEL spread sheet and create a graph…but, in the little time I’ve used the application, I have nly one weather report; what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for great software.

Regards

guimont21, you’ll need to setup the “Log” tab of the Weather Watcher Options window to log the data each time it’s retrieved. Once setup, you should see a new line appended to your log each time you click the “UPDATE” button on the main Weather Watcher window – or each time the weather is automatically retrieved.

If you’re using the “Export” tab of the Weather Watcher Options window, then it is true that your output file will be overwritten each time the weather is updated. The export feature should only be used if you’re only interested in saving the last retrieved weather data.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have since switched to Weather Watcher Live and the logging function works like a charm.

Richard Guimont

Did you have to enable it in WWL or is logging enabled as a default in WWL?

Hello,

I enables thru the options menu but, what I really would like to do is monitor 5 or 6 stations at the same time; any idea how? I’m a novice to this application.

Thanks

I don’t use WWL so I don’t know what’s involved with it but with WW there are possibilities.

1. Creating multiple WW program folders will allow you to run multiple copies of WW. I don’t know if they will add to or over write log files and I suspect they will all use the same set of settings.

2. Creating multiple copies of the WW.exe program, WW1.exe, WW2.exe, etc, in the same install folder, will allow you to run multiple copies of WW. Again I don’t know if they will add to or over write log files and I suspect they will all use the same set of settings.

Kinda thinking out loud here. I doubt either of those approaches will help you. However:

1. Creating 2 copies of WW.exe, WW1.exe & WW2.exe, will allow you to run:
    WW.exe
    WW1.exe -id
    WW2.exe -i
    Each will have it’s own log file, have it’s own settings and skins and etc.

This will give you 3 running sets of WW not 5 or 6.

1. To run 5 or 6 copies of WW,
    a. In the currently running WW, click on Options>General then enable the option to Store user files in the Weather Watcher programs folder.
    b. Shutdown the running WW.
    c. Copy the WW Program Folder 5 times.
    d. Dbl click on each of the WW program folder’s WW.exe.

You will now have 6 copies of WW running, each with it’s own set of Options and log files.

Whether this concept will work with WWL I have no idea.

hth :icon_smile:

Thaks HH…I’ll give it a try over the week end and let you know if it works. I’ll start with 2 iterations, then 3 and on and on.

Thanks again

Richard