Logging stopped

Using WWLive 6.0.0.56 (Beta)

I had logging working fine for a few days. Now it seems to have stopped. If I clciked on update before, a new log entry was created. This is how I was testing my scripts.

I entered the following script to get hourly data (Ottawa, Canada).

[HOURLY LOOP COUNT=*]
[TEMPLATE]
Day: [HOURLY DAY]
Condition: [HOURLY PRECIPITATION]
Data: [DATE],[TIME],[STATION],[UPDATED DATETIME] ,[TEMP PLAIN],[DEW PLAIN],HUMIDITY PLAIN],[WIND PLAIN],[BAROMETER PLAIN],[RAIN TODAY PLAIN]
[/TEMPLATE]
[/HOURLY LOOP]

No data was logged for several hours.

I switched back to this:

[UPDATED DATETIME] ,[TEMP PLAIN],[DEW PLAIN],[HUMIDITY PLAIN],[WIND PLAIN],[BAROMETER PLAIN],[RAIN TODAY PLAIN]

I click on update and no log record is created nor are any after several hours with a 30 minute update interval.

Also, sunrise and sunset are not following daylight savings time.

I deleted the log file just for the heck of it.

After doing this, the logging worked for the Update button. Haven’t waited long enuff for the automatic update but I assumed it would be function again as well. If I modify the log script, it stops working when I press the Update button.

Hope this is a clue.

The log file was revived for auto updates as well by deleting the current file.

I just need to have some help making a script that does the hourly data update of basic data and gives a daily forecast of POP also.

FYI to anyone else reading along:

You can view a full list of available tags from the “Reference Information” --> “Template Codes” section of the Weather Watcher Live User Guide. You can access the User Guide from the “Help” menu in the Weather Watcher Live system tray menu.

I guess what I am not clear about is where the daily data codes are inserted and where the hourly codes are inserted and whether the hourly loop supercedes the Auto Update timing specification. I tried this:

[HOURLY LOOP COUNT=*]
[TEMPLATE]
Data: [UPDATED DATETIME],[STATION],[TEMP PLAIN],[DEW PLAIN],HUMIDITY PLAIN],[WIND PLAIN],[BAROMETER PLAIN],[RAIN TODAY PLAIN]
[/TEMPLATE]
[/HOURLY LOOP]

and although the file was created sometime in the next hour, the file was empty.

Where does the Hourly specification go and where does the Detailed specification go. There doesn’t seem to be an example of this in Help even though it states both Daily and Detailed data can be looped using similar syntax. Des this mean it should look like this?

[HOURLY LOOP COUNT=*]

[TEMPLATE]
Data: [UPDATED DATETIME],[STATION],[TEMP PLAIN],[DEW PLAIN],HUMIDITY PLAIN],[WIND PLAIN],[BAROMETER PLAIN],[RAIN TODAY PLAIN]
[/TEMPLATE]

[TEMPLATE]
[/TEMPLATE]

[/HOURLY LOOP]

Sorry that last template should have been

[HOURLY LOOP COUNT=*]

[TEMPLATE]
[/TEMPLATE]

[TEMPLATE]
[/TEMPLATE]

[/HOURLY LOOP]

Only hourly tags can be included in the hourly loop, and vice versa. The hourly tags are listed under the “Hourly Data Tags” section of the User Guide. The daily tags are listed under the “Daily Data Tags” section of the User Guide.

Each loop uses the following structure:

[code][HOURLY LOOP COUNT=5]
[TEMPLATE]

(insert any tags from the "Hourly Data Tags" section)

[/TEMPLATE]

[/HOURLY LOOP][/code]

[code][DAILY LOOP COUNT=5]
[TEMPLATE]

(insert any tags from the "Daily Data Tags" section)

[/TEMPLATE]

[/DAILY LOOP][/code]

I’m not sure what you mean.

Thanks Mike

I understand better now about not mixing tags. However, what I would like to do, if possible, is to get Current data updated on an hourly basis (as set in the Update tab). As well, I would like to get Forecast data based on codes in the Hourly or Daily set. The latter is governed by the Loop Counter which may perhaps be based on a different clock snapshot. The timing control for the two types of data is what I am confused about. That’s why I tried to put the detailed spec inside an Hourly loop. Did not know only Hourly tags could go there. If an Hourly loop is specified then is detailed data possible on the same log file or is it an either or situation.

Please post a sample of what the output of the log should look like.

Hi Mike

With this script:

[UPDATED DATETIME],[STATION],[TEMP PLAIN],[DEW PLAIN],[HUMIDITY PLAIN],[WIND PLAIN],[BAROMETER PLAIN],[RAIN TODAY PLAIN]

I get this output:

7/31/2008 8:00:00 AM,Ottawa, Canada (Ottawa International Airport),20,18.9,94,1.3,100.2,0

7/31/2008 9:00:00 AM,Ottawa, Canada (Ottawa International Airport),21,18.9,88,2.2,100.2,0

This is working perfectly and is now integerated into my software with a filewatcher that changes irrigation schedules dynamically.

If I could somehow add:

[DAILY PRECIPITATION DAY]
[DAILY PRECIPITATION NIGHT]

it would be an enhancement.

WWL is a great piece of work - thanks for bringing it to the world.

[DAILY LOOP COUNT=1][TEMPLATE][DAILY PRECIPITATION DAY],[DAILY PRECIPITATION NIGHT][/TEMPLATE][/DAILY LOOP]