larger system try icon

I would like to see a larger space for the system icon.
Today, the temperature reached over 100 degrees here and part of the “1” and part of the “0” were cut off. I could reduce the size of the font but then the numbers would harder to read and not in line with my other letters and numbers located in the system try icons.

There is an option on the Tray Icon tab to not display the 1st digit when temps are over 100. That will help.

You can also experiment with different fonts that are spaced closer.

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by bbqbrisket[/i]
I would like to see a larger space for the system icon.
The tray icon space is limited by Windows. As EdP said, you'll have to change the Weather Watcher "Tray Icon" options to modify the size of the tray icon text.

Just throwing this out there: is there a way to kearn the text closer together when the temperature gets higher/lower (i.e. 100+ or negative temps). Since I’m not a programmer, I have no idea if this is even feasable or not. Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to email me. Thanks!

Mark</font id=“Arial”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by tuez13[/i]
[font=Arial]is there a way to kearn the text closer together when the temperature gets higher/lower (i.e. 100+ or negative temps)./font=Arial]
Not that I know of... but, you can change the font and/or font size [8D]

The font and point size I have found to work best for the tray icon (temp display) is Arial Narrow - Bold - 8 points</font id=“blue”>. The icon must display 3 full characters to display 100 and above degrees and minus 10 and colder. Arial Narrow, Bold, 8pts does that and the display remains very clean and legible. The only drawback is ya have to dump the degree symbol (?)…that is unless temps in your area never are over 99 or under -9.

Bill

What I normally use is Courier New, Bold, 9 point on a non-transparent background. I loose the degree symbol (?) and we never have days greater than 100 or below -9.

But there are hundreds of fonts, try them and see what works best for you. In briefly experimenting I see that Arial Rounded MY Bold, Normal, 9 point also works also on a colored background. Arial Narrow, Normal, 9 point works with the degree symbol (?) if the temp stay below 100 but should be able to handle 100+ without the degree symbol.

And I was still in the "A"s. [8D]

What doesn’t work is the color pure white (255,255,255). I use 254,254,254 for my digits. The other thing that doesn’t work is using a Windows XP Display setting other than 96 DPI. (Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > General) WW does not handle it well.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i] ...and we never have days greater than 100 or below -9. [b]Ed[/b]
How tedious. Which part of the USA do you live in?

@nidnas

Western part of New York State. And you?