Install to Axim X5 (Pocket PC 2003) Didn't Seem to Work

I tried installing Weather Watcher to my Dell Axim X5 running Pocket PC 2003. I didn’t receive any errors, but nothing seems to happen when I click on the Weather Watcher icon in Programs. Will it work with this OS and device? Tried reinstalling a couple of times.

I’ve never personally installed Weather Watcher Mobile on a Windows 2003 device. However, I’ve heard from a few people that it does work.

From what you’ve said, it sounds like you might not have installed the .NET Framework 2.0.

http://www.singerscreations.com/AboutWe … Mobile.asp

I can install the software, but brings up the newer version dialog box.

I am having a problem installing the Net Compact Framework, 2.0. My problem is I have Activesync 3.8 and useing Dell X50 WM 2003SE. Where do you find the .cab to install directly onto the pocket pc? The .Net installation only works with Activesync 4.2, but the directions sound like it can be installed through the install folder.

“Those not using ActiveSync can run the CAB files which match the device found in the install folder directly on the device.”

Where is this information? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Buwiwaar

Update: I just figured out where everything is located. If you have below activesync 4.2, after the .Net Compact Framework 2.0 installation, the cab is located in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v2.0\WindowsCE\wce400\armv4

This version is for WM2003.

Copy the ppc version and paste into your handheld and run from there.

The Weather Watcher works great now that everything is installed corrrectly!

Thanks for the software.
Buwiwaar