Icon Locations

Prior to 5.6.16 WW displayed the Classic icons directly from weather.com. With 5.6.16 WW now displays them from the WW Icons folder on the machine’s hd

Any ideas on getting this to work for viewing in a browser on another machine? I run WW on my server.

I’ve backed down a rev so that I can access the page properly from my touch screen and other PCs in the house.

Going back to the 5.6.15 rels is a good solution. Running WW native on each machine works also. :icon_smile:

Other options include creating a skin to use the weather.com icons or the files on your server and waiting for Mike to add an icon URL option. :wink:

Did you see the posting on how to handle the problem with Export data?

http://www.singerscreations.com/forum/v … 3&start=16

tonyno

If you use the WW Export function and set the Export template to be: [code]

My [Location] Weather
[Location]

Condition: [Condition]
Temperature: [Temp]
Feels Like: [Feels]
Dew Point: [Dew]
Humidity: [Humidity]
Wind: [Wind]
Visibility: [Visibility]
Barometer: [Barometer]
UV Index: [UV]
Sunrise: [Sunrise AMPM]
Sunset: [Sunset AMPM]

[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1] Forecast: [DETAILED FORECAST] [/DETAILED LOOP]

[Updated]
[/code] the other machines might find this WW html code to be functional. [size=2](Updated Dec 11, 2:22am)[/size]

I don’t know what they are looking for specifically but this will show current conditions and use the weather.com icons.

Just cut & paste the whole thing over the current Export template, do a WW weather update and view the resulting html file in IE. And this will work in WW 5.6.16 or the older versions.

Thanks Ed. I’ll look into these.

Better still. :icon_smile:

[code]

My [LOCATION] Weather
[LOCATION]

[CONDITION]

[TEMP]

Feels Like: [FEELS]

Dew Point: [DEW]

Humidity: [HUMIDITY]

Wind: [WIND]

Visibility: [VISIBILITY]

Barometer: [BAROMETER]

UV Index: [UV]

Sunrise: [SUNRISE AMPM]

Sunset: [SUNSET AMPM]

Moon: [MOON]

[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1]
Forecast:
[DETAILED FORECAST]
[/DETAILED LOOP]

[UPDATED]
[/code] You can replace the weather.com URL with a personalized one including the address of the WW icons folder on your home LAN (ie TWCicon="\\MyPC\Weather Watcher\Skins\Icons\Weather Network\"+WWicon) if it is shared.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3414/wwexporthq4.png