I really want to like Weather Underground

I like Weather Underground’s web site and use it frequently by going to it from WWL. But I sure don’t care to much for their feed to WWL. First they don’t have a 10 day forecast and second they frequently have weird forecasts.

Today they show cloudy in icon at bottom but clear at top. Their web site also show clear and as I look out my window it’s clear. And their hourly forecast in WWL shows clear all day and night.

I don’t suppose there is anything you can do about that is there, Mike?
http://s8.postimg.org/b86avl19t/2014_11_14_092837.jpg

First they don’t have a 10 day forecast and second they frequently have weird forecasts.

The new data feed update I’m working on implementing has a 15-day forecast (for the areas I’ve tested so far).

Today they show cloudy in icon at bottom but clear at top.

The top is showing the current condition and a summary of the upcoming periods of the day based on a summary that Weather Watcher calculates from the hourly forecast. The bottom is the daily forecast. So, you’re comparing two different things really.

The current forecasts do not match up exactly with Weather Underground’s website. Everything should match up in the new data feed update though.

My point about the upper and lower icons is that it’s showing clear all day yet the forecast below is showing cloudy. Seems the lower day icon should be sunny too. When I went to the WU site it was showing sunny with no clouds at any time and the hourly in WWL was clear all day too. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for letting me know about the changes. We all know that 10 day forecasts in Oregon are always accurate :wink: but I still like to see them. 15 days will be interesting…

Odd. The previous post looks like I posted it but I didn’t. I think it’s Mike’s reply to a post I did make but I don’t see that post in this thread.

Bug in forum or on my side?

My point about the upper and lower icons is that it’s showing clear all day yet the forecast below is showing cloudy. Seems the lower day icon should be sunny too.

Right. But, the hourly and daily forecast are a little different for some reason. It should be better in the next release.

15 days will be interesting…

Agreed. But, I figured I’d show them since I have the data.

I guess I hit “edit” instead of “reply”. Sorry :frowning:

Mike, was the latest version I just installed (7.2.28) supposed to show the 15 day forecast for Weather Underground? If so, it doesn’t. It still shows only the 7 days.

No. Here are the 7.2.28 changes:

FIXED: The hourly forecast was not displaying in the “TextOnly” interface skin for international WeatherBug weather stations.

FIXED: The daily forecast was only showing one day for some international regional Windows formats (e.g. German).

FIXED: The temperatures and dew points were not being converted to Celsius in the daily forecast for some weather stations.

The new Weather Underground data feed is up. You’ll need Weather Watcher version 7.2.30 in order to see daily forecasts from Weather Underground if using a weather station outside of the US.

Note: You’ll need to restart Weather Watcher if you’re already running 7.2.30.

Thanks, Mike. I think. Of the 15 days only two show no rain. How about doing something about that too. :icon_smile: