I realize weather watcher is discontinued...

but its the only weather program I like.

I have no problems with it…UNTIL yesterday when suddenly for no reason
(I changed nothing added nothing, installed nothing new,…)

The FONT on the INTERFACE became HUGE !! TOO BIG…
Not sure how it happened but is there a way to fix it…
Everything else is perfect and working fine…

Thank You Very Much

The Interface skin? Or the whole WW presentation window?

What Skin Options are you using for Interface and Forecast? Does the problem exist if you change them? Does the problem exist if you reboot?

I am using the SPLENDID skin for the interface and classic for all else.
I have not changed this in years. I did change to see if it made a difference but it did not… I did reboot also… ONLY THE INTERFACE (where you see the hourly, daily, updates etc has been effected… the options menu and the tooltips and ballon are just fine… all my other computer system fonts are fine…

This is very strange. The Splendid Interface’s skin’s buttons use are all .bmp files, they do not use fonts directly. So if they are large it indicates the images are larger which of course doesn’t make any sense.

Here is the Splendid Interface’s skin’s ini file that I have.

[code][Skin]
BackColor=255,255,255

FontSize=7
FontBold=False
FontColor=0,0,0

ButtonExitX=-25
ButtonExitY=4

ButtonRetrieveX=9
ButtonRetrieveY=27

ButtonCurrentX=90
ButtonCurrentY=27

ButtonHourlyX=184
ButtonHourlyY=27

ButtonDailyX=271
ButtonDailyY=27

ButtonMapsX=346
ButtonMapsY=27

ButtonAlertsX=417
ButtonAlertsY=27

ButtonOptionsX=499
ButtonOptionsY=27

TitleX=11
TitleY=3
TitleText=Weather Watcher
TitleFont=Verdana
TitleFontBold=False
TitleFontItalic=False
TitleFontSize=8
TitleColor=255,255,255

ResizeHeight=10
ResizeWidth=10

DragHeight=20
DragWidth=5

StatusBackColor=255,255,255

StatusFont=Verdana
StatusFontBold=False
StatusFontItalic=False
StatusFontSize=8
StatusFontColor=0,0,0

StatusX=20
StatusY=14
StatusBarX=20
StatusBarY=30

StatusHeight=59
StatusWidth=303

StatusBarHeight=14
StatusBarWidth=264

StatusBarEmptyColor=215,215,215
StatusBarFullColor=88,140,179

[Info]
Author=Mike Singer
SkinDesc=New skin[/code]
Compare it to your’s and let me know the differences you find.

There were no differences. The numbers were identical.
I might have posted a screen shot… I have never done this before in a forum…
I am hoping you can see what I see…
The font appears to be about a 12–comic sans
Not at all what the .ini file says… !!

Its just weird… sorry to bother you over something so minor, but its odd how it just appeared and I had done nothing that I am aware of…

http://s2.postimage.org/3pfhcxic/weather.jpg

[Skin]
BackColor=255,255,255

FontSize=7
FontBold=False
FontColor=0,0,0

ButtonExitX=-25
ButtonExitY=4

ButtonRetrieveX=9
ButtonRetrieveY=27

ButtonCurrentX=90
ButtonCurrentY=27

ButtonHourlyX=184
ButtonHourlyY=27

ButtonDailyX=271
ButtonDailyY=27

ButtonMapsX=346
ButtonMapsY=27

ButtonAlertsX=417
ButtonAlertsY=27

ButtonOptionsX=499
ButtonOptionsY=27

TitleX=11
TitleY=3
TitleText=Weather Watcher
TitleFont=Verdana
TitleFontBold=False
TitleFontItalic=False
TitleFontSize=8
TitleColor=255,255,255

ResizeHeight=10
ResizeWidth=10

DragHeight=20
DragWidth=5

StatusBackColor=255,255,255

StatusFont=Verdana
StatusFontBold=False
StatusFontItalic=False
StatusFontSize=8
StatusFontColor=0,0,0

StatusX=20
StatusY=14
StatusBarX=20
StatusBarY=30

StatusHeight=59
StatusWidth=303

StatusBarHeight=14
StatusBarWidth=264

StatusBarEmptyColor=215,215,215
StatusBarFullColor=88,140,179

[Info]
Author=Mike Singer
SkinDesc=New skin

Ah yes, the picture says it all. :icon_smile:

Do you see the buttons at the top of your picture, the ones labeled Current, Hourly, etc. They are part of the Interface skin.

And the weather data, which is similar to mine, and appears to be using the Comic Sans font is part of the Forecasts skin.

So, your problem isn’t with the Interface it’s with the Forecasts!!

The Forecasts skin uses a style sheet rather than an ini to control what’s presented. Here is what my Style.css file looks like. Compare it to yours.

[code]BODY {color: #000;
background:#FFF;
scrollbar-3d-light-color:#999;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#E5E5D9;
scrollbar-base-color:black;
scrollbar-dark-shadow-color:#333;
scrollbar-face-color:#919189;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#E5E5D9;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#E5E5D9;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
cursor:default;}

TD, INPUT {color:#000; font-family: verdana; font-size:11px}

.TableBorderGray {padding:3px; border:solid #C8C8C8 0px; border-top-width:1px;}

.TDLocation {font-size:13px; padding:1px; border:solid #6BBEF7 0px; background-color:#D2EAFA; border-top-width:1px;}
.TDForecast {font-size:13px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:8px; background-color:#FFF; color: #808080;}
.TDTanDark {font-size:11px; background:#F1F7F9; padding:2px; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDTanLight {font-size:11px; background:#FFFBF7; padding:2px; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDTan {background:#F7F3EF;}
.TDUpdated {font-size:9px; padding-top:8px;}
.TDHourPeek1 {font-size:11px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-left:20px; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold;}
.TDHourPeek2 {font-size:11px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-left:10px;}
.TDLine1 {color: #455B73; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDLine2 {color: #455B73; font-size:11px; padding:3px; padding-top:0px; font-weight:bold; background:#FFF; border:solid #DBD9D9 1px; border-top-width:0px; border-right-width:0px;}
.TDLine3 {font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #FFF 0px; background:#FFF; border-bottom-width: 1px;}
.TDGrayBack {padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; background-color:#DBD9D9}
.TDCondition {padding:3px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #C8C8C8 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDText {font-size:11px; background:#FFF;}
.TDAlert {font-size:11px; background:#FFF; padding-left:10px; padding-bottom:10px;}
.TDGrayBack2 {padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; background-color:#DBD9D9; border:solid #FFF 3px; border-right-color:#DBD9D9; border-right-width:1px; border-left-width:0px;}
.Grayed {color:505050}

.TextSmall {font-size:10px; font-weight:bold;}
.TextBlue {color:#182C8C; font-size:11px;}

#BorderLeft {border-left-width:1px;}
#BorderLeftRight {border-left-width:1px; border-right-width:1px;}

A:link {color: #3130FF;} A:visited {color: #3130FF;} A:active {color: #3130FF;} A:hover {color: #63AAFF;}
A.Alert:link {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:visited {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:active {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:hover {color: #FF8D8D;}[/code]

If it’s the same as yours then something else is a foot. WW’s window uses IE so changes to IE may bleed thru to WW. What version of IE are you using? And what version of Windows?

My forcast skin is classic… but here are both the classic and slpendid .css
CLASSIC :
BODY {color: #000;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#6DBDF1;
scrollbar-face-color:#D2EAFA;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#D2EAFA;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#6DBDF1;
margin: 0px 3px 0px 0px; }

TD {color: #000000; font-family: verdana; font-size:12px}

.TableBorderGray {padding:3px; border:solid #C8C8C8 0px; border-top-width: 1px;}

.TDLocation {font-size:13px; padding:1px; border:solid #6BBEF7 1px; background-color:D2EAFA; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px;}
.TDForecast {font-size:13px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:8px; background-color:#FFF; color: #808080;}
.TDTanDark {font-size:11px; background:#F7F3EF; padding:2px; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px;}
.TDTanLight {font-size:11px; background:#FFFBF7; padding:2px; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px;}
.TDUpdated TD {font-size:9px; padding-top:8px;}
.TDHourPeek1 {font-size:11px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-left:20px; color:6A6A6A; font-weight: bold;}
.TDHourPeek2 {font-size:11px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-left:10px;}
.TDLine1 {font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; background:#FFF; border-bottom-width: 1px;}
.TDLine2 {font-size:10px; padding:3px; padding-top:0px; font-weight:bold; background:#FFF; border:solid #DBD9D9 1px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px;}
.TDLine3 {font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #FFF 0px; background:#FFF; border-bottom-width: 1px;}
.TDGrayBack {padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; background-color:DBD9D9}
.TDCondition {padding:3px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #C8C8C8 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px;}
.TDAlert {font-size:11px; background:#FFF; padding-left:10px; padding-bottom:10px;}
.TDGrayBack2 {padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; background-color:DBD9D9; border:solid #FFF 3px; border-right-color:#DBD9D9; border-right-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px;}
.Grayed {color:#505050}

#BorderLeft {border-left-width: 1px;}
#BorderLeftRight {border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px;}

A:link {color: #3130FF;} A:visited {color: #3130FF;} A:active {color: #3130FF;} A:hover {color: #63AAFF;}
A.Alert:link {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:visited {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:active {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:hover {color: #FF8D8D;}

SPLENDID
BODY {color: #000;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#E5E5D9;
scrollbar-face-color:#919189;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#E5E5D9;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#E5E5D9;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
cursor:default;}

TD, INPUT {color:#000; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px}

.TableBorderGray {padding:3px; border:solid #C8C8C8 0px; border-top-width:1px;}

.TDLocation {font-size:11px; padding:1px; border:solid #6BBEF7 0px; background-color:#D2EAFA; border-top-width:1px;}
.TDForecast {font-size:11px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:8px; background-color:#FFF; color: #808080;}
.TDTanDark {font-size:10px; background:#F1F7F9; padding:2px; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDTanLight {font-size:10px; background:#FFFBF7; padding:2px; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDHourPeek1 {font-size:10px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-left:20px; color:#6A6A6A; font-weight:bold;}
.TDHourPeek2 {font-size:10px; padding-bottom:10px; padding-left:10px;}
.TDLine1 {color: #455B73; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #DBD9D9 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDLine2 {color: #455B73; font-size:10px; padding:3px; padding-top:0px; font-weight:bold; background:#FFF; border:solid #DBD9D9 1px; border-top-width:0px; border-right-width:0px;}
.TDGrayBack {padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; background-color:#DBD9D9}
.TDCondition {padding:3px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border:solid #C8C8C8 0px; border-bottom-width:1px;}
.TDGrayBack2 {padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; background-color:#DBD9D9; border:solid #FFF 3px; border-right-color:#DBD9D9; border-right-width:1px; border-left-width:0px;}
.Grayed {color:505050}

#BorderLeft {border-left-width:1px;}
#BorderLeftRight {border-left-width:1px; border-right-width:1px;}

A.Alert:link {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:visited {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:active {color: #FF0000;} A.Alert:hover {color: #FF8D8D;}

Our Classic Style.css files are identical. So, the problem lies elsewhere. Is the problem consistent across other views? ie Current, Hourly, Detailed?

Check your IE settings. Is Zoom set for 100%? Is Text size set to medium?

I don’t use IE so it took me a minute to find the settings… zoom 100%
text size medium

None of my system fonts have changed or are suddenly LARGE…

I can live with the program this way… its just a tad annoying… like reading a book in LARGE PRINT !! LOL

??

If you make a backup copy of the Classic Style.css file you can try changing the file’s font-size parameter and see if it makes a difference. I think you have to switch skins to a different one, Apply it then switch back for the change to take effect. I haven’t tinkered with skin mods in awhile. :neutral:

This is weird, I actually deleted the style.css files, from everywhere I could find them… (deleted the entire SKINS FOLDER) (I had shut WW while I did this) re-opened the program and it still worked AND still had the huge fonts… (this was after I tried to adjust the font sizes and nothing happened)… I reinstalled the program (did not UNinstall first, I hate fiddling to get things right again)… and nothing…

Basically the only thing I have not done is uninstall… clear the registry, reboot and reinstall… Do you think this will have any effect ?? Unless the files I need are located other than style.css, I actually don’t see this doing anything…

I amso sorry to be such a pain over such a small thing.
You have been very kind so far to help me…

AND yes it IS consistant across all views…

WW, like many Window apps, copies the files it runs with to the Window user’s profile. Thus the files you are looking for are located in a folder named like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\Application Data\WeatherWatcher\Skins

if you’re running Windows XP and in a folder like this:

C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcher\Skins

if you’re running Windows 7.

When you find the right Style.css file you should compare it to the ones posted above and see if there are any differences.

I tried everything you suggested with no change. I also uninstalled WW using REVO deep uninstall… AND deleted all registry entries. I then used CCleaner to get the bits and pieces left. I then rebooted the computer. Reinstalled WW…and NO CHANGE !!! yeah its weird, but I guess I will live with it… The other option is to try another weather program and I have yet to find one I like as much as this one… This one does exactly what I want, as I want, and doesn’t do a bunch of stuff I don’t need.

Thank you so much for trying to help me fix it…
But rest assured I will still be using it !!!

Most likely because those steps did not remove the WW files in the Windows User profile folder and those are what WW is using, not the ones in the install folder.

And I agree, it is an easy app to adjust to and like. :thumbright:

I know… I deleted everything called style.css… Then reinstalled…
Oh well… I am getting older… large fonts are probably better for me !!
Have A GOOD DAY !!