HOW TO: Send A Note

Follow the steps below to send a note to another StickIt user:

1. Right-click the StickIt system tray icon and choose Contacts… from the menu. This action will open the StickIt Contacts window.

2. Double-click the contact to open the StickIt Note Editor window. If your StickIt Contacts list is empty, then you’ll have to click the Add button to add the contact before send the note.

Note: You cannot send notes to offline remote StickIt users.

1. Enter the note details in the StickIt Note Editor window and click the Send button to send the note. You will see a received confirmation message pop up from the system tray when the note has been received (unless that feature has been disabled in the Tray Alerts tab of the StickIt Options window).

Note: You will only be able to send notes to StickIt users who are using StickIt 3.x.x. or higher.

sending notes problems

The person I am trying to send notes to is signed up for the stick and so am I. We tried to add each other and were doing this together while on the phone to make sure we were doing everything right. We added a nickname (I assume) and also the yahoo messenger/email address along with locating the IP address on our computers but we still don’t show up on line to each other and can’t send messages. How do we correct this?

You’ll want to make sure that you have your external IP address. You can easily find it by going to the following website:

http://www.WhatIsMyIP.com

StickIt 3.0.0 (and up) communicates by sending UDP messages through port 1978. That said, you’ll need to make sure your firewall, network, and any other type of security-related software are not blocking incoming UDP messages on port 1978.

Thank you very much, we will try that tonight when he gets online as well. Greatly appreciate it. :iconbiggrin:

Thank you very much for your help! greetings from belgium nikki