How to Resize Weather Watcher Window?

When I maximize WW, It is so large it goes off the screen, so I don’t have the ability to make it smaller. I can get the sidebar to scroll, but can’t get to the bottom one.

Is there another way to resize.

Shutdown WW, go into the Splendid Interface folder and rename the Trans.dat file something else, like TransOld.dat. Then restart WW.

Another option is to increase the screen resolution to as high as the video adapter supports. Drag the WW window up and to the left as far as you can, then hopefully you will have access to the bottom and right hand edges of the WW window and can shrink it.

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

Well, I changed the .dat file names, but now instead of double-clicking on the taskbar icon, i have to right click and open it that way. It still comes up larger than the screen, and i have my resolution as high as it goes, so i can’t adjust the window that way. Oh, and when I move the arrow over the toolbal icon, the current stuff doesn’t come up anymore.

The interface size is set in the following Windows registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher\Misc\IfaceHeight
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher\Misc\IfaceWidth

If you set those values to a lower number, the interface should reload at a smaller size. Make sure Weather Watcher is closed before updating the above registry keys.

gv5 since the trans.dat idea didn’t work, shutdown WW, delete the trans.dat file and rename the transold.dat file back to trans.dat.

As for changing the Registry values for Weather Watcher\Misc\IfaceHeight and Weather Watcher\Misc\IfaceWidth my values for these two items are 52 and 73 respectively.

hth

It worked like a charm. Thanks!

Great!!!

Love happy endings. [:)]

Mike,
Is it possible to export the custom registry value to a file, then on a WWL update just run “something” to reset the registry to that value? As it stands, on every WWL update I have to run regedit, search for the right key, and enter the right value (after playing around to figure out what the right value is.

Thanks

a

After you scroll to the regedit settings and change them to the desired values click on the regedit’s File menu, then click on Export… Save the file to a location you will remember. After the next WWL update dbl click on the saved .reg file.

To see what you have saved open the file with Notepad.

:slight_smile:

Ed

Many thanks (though a bit tardy). Worked perfectly!