Have program update itself with a user click

Some programs have an option for the paid version that the user can click and the program updates itself rather than having to manually download and install updates. I like your program but having to manually install updates a couple times a week is getting old.

1 Like

Love the idea! It’s on my to-do list.

This feature is going to be included in the next Weather Watcher release. After installing that new version, Weather Watcher will show the following dialog when an update is available in the future:

Here are the changes I made:
  • I added a “View Release Notes” button to open the release notes webpage – so you can decide if you’d like to install the update.

• The “Yes” button will auto download the new Weather Watcher installer and execute it. You’ll be able to see the progress as Weather Watcher is installed (like usual).

Mike, can you able to add setting in options like “Auto update” - enabled/disabled?

I suggest to have auto updated everytime option.

So the idea is when there is new version to update without reminder ?

As is right now, it takes one click (on the “Yes” button) to auto install the latest version of Weather Watcher. I’m not totally opposed to the idea, but I’m not going to make any additional changes at this time.

Okay, thanks for reply!

New version WWL720200 is excellent! Everything working here for Brazil.

1 Like