Forecasts are not updating in Beta 10

None of the forecasts are updating. All that is updating is the current conditions. I have already tried uninstall and reinstalling the full version of Weather Watcher.

You have to use the Classic skin that comes packed with the Beta 10. If you’re using other skins, you either have to update the .WTP files with the latest tags (see the Weather Watcher Beta 10 ReadMe), or reinstall the skin from the place you originally downloaded it (as long as the skin was updated).

Hi. I’m using 5.5e repacked (and also tried b10) but I’m also not getting forecast updates since thursday July 14. I think that the current conditions are updating (temps are a couple degrees different from weather.com and weather watcher). I’m using the original skin.

finchna, did you try installing the full beta setup? What city are you using?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by finchna[/i]
Hi. I'm using 5.5e repacked
In 5.5 do you have all of the Forecast Updates selected on the Options' On Download tab?

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]

In 5.5 do you have all of the Forecast Updates selected on the Options’ On Download tab?</font id=“size2”>

Ed</font id=“blue”>[/size=2]

Yes, and none of the time display boxes are selected. I also have retreive forecasts on startup selected in General.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
[b]finchna[/b], did you try installing the full beta setup? What city are you using?

Hi. I did try the full beta–didn’t fix it. I’m using both Charleston, SC (USSC00510) and Medford, MA (USMA0245). Charleston seems to go back to last Wed, Medford to last Thur.

And on the Auto Update tab what do you have selected for Forecast Rate?

quote:
And on the Auto Update tab what do you have selected for Forecast Rate?

Every hour.

Do you have a firewall? Is it blocking DL.exe from accessing the weather.com?

quote:
Do you have a firewall? Is it blocking DL.exe from accessing the weather.com?

I have the firewall from XPsp2 running. I added weather watcher and the DL.exe (assuming it’s the DL in the ww folder) to the exceptions list. That hasn’t made a difference. Is there a port I should ensure is open? Thanks.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by finchna[/i] [brIs there a port I should ensure is open?
If IE works, then you're all setup port-wise.

Last night my Dell had a serious system error and crashed. Upon restarting Weather Watcher updated both forecasts and maps. Not sure what happened but 5.5e repacked is working now.

Sorry to hear about your System Crash, very uncommon with XP, but happy to hear WW nows works. A very strange sequence of events.