Feature Request.

Not sure if this is possible, but it’s a feature that I don’t think any other PPC weather app has.

How about something like the desktop version, where there would be a temperature icon on the top bar of the PPC, and if tapped, you could see the current conditions?

Most weather apps have a today screen plug-in, but if you don’t want to use that much screen real estate, the icon and current conditions (or, I suppose a user selectable data set) might be cool.

That sounds like a neat idea. I’ll have to look into it and see if it’s possible to add new icons up there. I have never seen an application that added icons there… but, then again, I have used many PPC applications :neutral:

The only downfall I see is that more of your battery would be used since Weather Watcher would be running the entire time. I guess that’s what chargers are for though :cool:

I tink a Internet connection test option would be nice, but not nessasary. I really would like to be able display the forcast (1-x forcasts) on the Today screen, with an option to go to “settings” and a weather update button.
The possibility of displaying radar/sat pics and weather maps would be a nice feature too.

I concur with the feature request.

I really like the idea of the temperature in the top bar. Only update the temp when the weather data is updated - which is currently a manual process(?) Is it difficult to do a today plugin like krab asked?

Mike, I don’t know if you recall, but I asked if you could build a PPC version of Weather Watcher a few years ago. You did an AWESOME JOB! It feels just like your desktop version.

Re: I concur with the feature request.

I really don’t know how hard it is to create Today plugins. Weather Watcher Mobile is the first application I wrote, so you could say I’m pretty new to mobile development. I do plan on looking into creating a plugin though.

Thanks for a good application.

I’ve got a N560 and WW Mobile works perfect for me. It can connect both at home and at work (through proxy).
My problem is that I put it in the cradle in the morning and do a manual update, then I usually forget to do more updates.
When I leave in the afternoon the last update was several hours ago, and the data is not up to date. I would like to be able to configure a periodic update.
It would also be very good if WW Mobile could do an automatic update when the PPC is connected to internet.

/Claes

Mike can you expand the units selection to be able to not only display the units in C or F, but also in C and F

I also think there are many weather reports per screen given(daily, hourly and detail), day and night. A lot of scrolling. I count 13 per page.
Maybe you can lower this amount or make it selectable how much you want to see and what part (s) of the day, or add one page extra for the whole day, morning, afternoon and evening/night.

I mean iof you ever gonna create a todayplugin of WW it will never fit, horizontally.

And like I asked you before but it wasn’t possible yet, translations in various languages.

Just thinking out loud :iconbiggrin:
Thanks

krab

Some people will run into a space problem, but this should work out for those who are using devices with large screens. I’ll put it on the to-do list.

You can set the number of days/hours to download in the “Skins” options window tab.

This will be coming.

Some people will run into a space problem, but this should work out for those who are using devices with large screens. I’ll put it on the to-do list.

Ok thanks.

You can set the number of days/hours to download in the “Skins” options window tab.

Right I see and just tried it out. Works thanks.

This will be coming.

Ok,

thanks again.