Error with new version

I started my computer up and weather watcher had a new update so I updated it, then I tried to run it and got the following error. I have already tried to reinstall it with no luck. If you need more info just tell me what you need and I would be glad to tell ya.

Run-time error ‘7’:
Out of memory

I am also getting an error from the new version, but it’s a different one:

quote:
Run-time error '339':

Component ‘comctl32.ocx’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

</blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by HelloKit[/i]
I am also getting an error from the new version, but it's a different one:
quote:
Run-time error '339':

Component ‘comctl32.ocx’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

</blockquote id=“quote”></font id=“quote”>

This appears to be because comctl32.ocx and comdlg32.ocx aren’t part of the Weather Watcher package (maybe because many systems already have them installed from another program?). Anyway, I was lucky to have another system with these files, so I installed and registered the controls manually (using regsvr32). I wouldn’t suggest doing it this way, though, since I’m sure there’s an automated way for getting these and other VB runtime files that I just don’t know about (since I don’t use versions of VB prior to VB.Net that much) [:)]

Thank you Zoogie! I found a downloadable copy of comctl32.ocx, actually in a support FAQ for some other software package which happened to reference the exact error message I was getting. Downloaded it and registered it, and everything works perfect now. And now that I’ve got it working, I really like the new version of WW! [8D]

</font id=“Tahoma”></font id=“size6”>

I am going to add these 2 files to the 5.0.22a install package. Most people should have them already, but it will cover for those who do not.

Hi, Mike. Will these files cure my problem with the sys. tray icon not displaying in Celsius?

Robert Stirling

No, but the system tray icon problem has been fixed as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well, this is the only topic Search found with “out of memory”, so here I am.

I installed Beta 11 on my wife’s Win98SE machine a couple of weeks ago. All has gone smoothly except after leaving the machine running unattended for 3 days, I returned to it to see an “Out of Memory” error. I believe it was from DL.exe. I cleared the error, rebooted, and everything is fine again.

I can post a “Hijack This!” or an “Autoruns” listing if it would be helpful. Generally speaking, that machine does a scheduled scan every night using AVG and uses ZoneAlarm firewall and has all updates for the OS and all installed software.

I’m really just posting this to let other’s know so we can see if it is repeatable or not.

– PatrickB

How much memory was DL.EXE using?

I am also having a problen installing a new version, only I get a different runtime error. Runtime error (at 39:86). Internal error: Extract Temporary File: The file “WSNInst.exe” was not found. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 with all updates installed. How can I fix this mess? Or do you have a fix?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by logengr[/i]
I am also having a problen installing a new version, only I get a different runtime error. Runtime error (at 39:86). Internal error: Extract Temporary File: The file "WSNInst.exe" was not found. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 with all updates installed. How can I fix this mess? Or do you have a fix?
Try downloading the Weather Watcher setup again.

I am running windows XP Media Edition with all updates and also getting message: The file “WSNInst.exe” was not found. I downloaded it 3 times, but no difference. The I downloaded the smaller version and it installed with no problem, however it doesn’t seem to have all the features, such as temperature turning blue under 32 degrees. Anyone have a fix yet??? TIA

RonJaguar, when exactly do you see the “WSNInst.exe” error message?

Immediately after I click install. I just tried to download
and install fter turning off all my spyware and antivirus programs.
Still get the same error. tthanks for responding so quickly :wink:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by RonJaguar[/i]
Immediately after I click install. I just tried to download and install fter turning off all my spyware and antivirus programs. Still get the same error. tthanks for responding so quickly ;-)
I fixed the problem. It should work now if you download a new setup.

Now I can’t get past “Download”. I get a page with the error “There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.” Sorry, but I thought you would want to know. BTW, I love the program. [:)]

quote:
Now I can't get past "Download". I get a page with the error "There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed." Sorry, but I thought you would want to know. BTW, I love the program. [:)]
Can you be more specific?

(edit)

There was an ASP error in my download script [:(]

Just downloaded and installed without any problem!! Just one
last thing, I still can not find where I can change my temperature indicator to go from red to blue. Not a big deal, but I noticed where it was one of the changes in the new version. Thanks a whole bunch from West Texas [8D]

quote:
I still can not find where I can change my temperature indicator to go from red to blue.
Click the gray "O" in the bottom, right corner of the "Current" weather view. This option is only available in the Splendid forecast skin.