dl.exe?

From time to time my system (running Win XP) will freeze up and I will notice that the file dl.exe is not responding and consuming all the system resources. When I do a search for this file on Google, so identify it as a virus but it is also identified as being part of WWL.

Is this something I need to be concerned with? Or are the crashes just random?

The DL.EXE application that installs with Weather Watcher Live is an application written by me. A name is just a name, so it’s quite possible that there are other applications that have been given that name.

Which version of Weather Watcher Live are you using?

I am using 6.1.12

It could be an XP issue really. This machine is getting old and needs an upgrade. I am going to be installing Win 7 next week I think so we’ll see if the problem persists then

BTW I love that I can now pull the PWS from over here in Campbelltown.

Thanks

Use the Win7 Upgrade Advisory tool to see if your computer can handle Windows 7 before you buy it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displayLang=en

Recently, on occasion program dl.exe is catching an error on my machine. I’m running Windows XP SP2 and using WWL ver. 6.1.0.15. I get a dialog box that says "(blue bar) dl.exe - Application Error; (body) The instruction at “0x00780025” referenced memory at “0x00780025”. The memory could not be “read”. WW itself doesn’t crash and I can subsequently download weather updates without restarting the program.

I’ll have to pay better attention to what I am doing when the event occurs, but I thought I would mention it in case it really was an issue that possibly someone else may have experienced as well. Thanks.