CSSplendid Beta 1

Hmmm, this is very strange to me, since I don’t recall anything about changing any stuff having to do with the sizes of icons or anything since at least 2 versions ago…
Well, maybe it’s just my brain that suX, but no matter what I’ll look in to it asap - a couple of pre and post screenshots would be much appreciated though, so I can get an idea as to what I should try to fix :wink:

But, I am glad for the feedback - kinda k??l to know people are using the stuff I’m playing around with - and will do what I can to make it better, constantly…

And, btw, damn you showoff - I want your screen :sad: even though I don’t have either the money or space for it… bah :razz:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fl?gger[/i]
And, btw, damn you showoff - I want your screen [V] even though I don't have either the money or space for it... bah [:p]

Well, it’s not as good as it sounds since it’s a laptop screen and not very big physically. I tried a lower resolution, but it just gets fuzzy. It’s a good thing my eyesight isn’t bad…[8D]

[:p] [b]Hunz[/b]

Well, no trees grow into heaven :razz: anyhow, I’d get very happy if you could up some screenshot somewhere - I really can’t see what I could have messed up, I don’t recall doing anything that should make this change, recently… :sad:

Okay, here’s a link to a screenshot. This is the smallest I can make the window now without producing scrollbars.

http://www.itgmi.com/webdocs/weatherwatcher/cssplendid16.jpg

I don’t know if this would be a solution but it seems like it could be a nice feature, so here’s a sugestion: Since one of the original tweaks was to make the icons display larger than the original Splendid, what to you think about an option to let the user customize the size of the icons…

Quick update: It definitely has something to do with the icons. I switched my icon set back to classic and now I can make the window much smaller. The icons I was using above are the Meteo Consult animated icons.

http://www.itgmi.com/webdocs/weatherwatcher/cssplendid16-classic.jpg

Ahhh, that’s the problem :mrgreen: funny you should say it, cuz I thought of the very same thing being the root of all the evil being done to the skin, and was convinced when i saw the first screenshot - and I’ve been thinking of that options as a possible solution… But this does it, now i know i will have to make it so :razz: thanx plenty…

On a side note; why don’t you use the 2 line display - it would look much nicer, atleast in the latter screenshot…

I’ll look into it, and make another last edition of the beta 1 :wink:

quote:
On a side note; why don't you use the 2 line display - it would look much nicer, atleast in the latter screenshot...
[b]2b || !2b[/b]

Well I was using the 2 line display. (Especially since I was the one that asked for it) When this issue started, I started playing with the other display options. Since the new issue made the window wider (and with my new laptop being widescreen, I like it wider) the parentheses option displays better.

That’s what makes CSSplendid the best forecast skin in my opinion: Options, options and more options.

Well, I sat down and got a good look into the problem, and how to fix it in a najs way, conforming to the rest of the skin, so I tabbed the options window, and made a bunch of options regarding icon sizes, so you should be able to get rid of the problem.

I didn’t bother to update the screenshot, since I will be making more news soon, and besides I’ve gotta sleep in like 5 mins.

But I just hope it works for you guys, and look forward to seeing some input, or maybe new problems I need to solve :mrgreen:

G’nite

EDIT:
Sorry, I made a minor mistake, in the TODAY/TONIGHT icon, but it’s fixed now, so the skin should be redownloaded.

I tried this new version and was able to get the overall size like it should be, but the icons were extremely tiny then. What do I do to increase their size?

Well, the idea was to make any user able to have their icons the size they want them, so made their sizes customizable:
Go to the options box, and in the icons tab you can set the height and width of individual icons (by group) in pixels.
I.e. the classic icons are 52x52 and the original splendid uses 38x38…

quote:
Well, the idea was to make any user able to have their icons the size they want them

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This is the update I was waiting for. I appreciate the effort you put into this skin and I can’t wait to see what else you have planned.

Jeromy < the guy that chose “Splendid” for the original skins name. [:D]

Fine print never contains good news.

Thanks, Flugger, I didn’t realize the size was referring to pixels.
So I changed it to 52 x 52 and they display normally now, except I’ve lost the icon on the “current” page for today’s weather(which happens to be sunny). It appears in all other skins except yours. I’ve tried changing it to other sizes(50,38 etc)but it still won’t display. Any ideas?

…and it just keeps getting better. Thanks Fl?gger for all your work. I can’t wait to see where we go from here.

Nice to hear ppl like sizing their icons :mrgreen: hope it works for those who uses it.

And for you, Manymosi, I just can’t see where the skin goes wrong… It should work… How did you set the sizes?
They’re as follow:
Main forecast: The 3 icons in current forecast [current, today/tonight and tonight/tomorrow]
Daily forecast: Icons in the 8 forecasts for the DAY tab
Hourly forecast: Icons in the 8 forecasts for the HOUR tab
Moon phases: Icons in the 8 forecasts for the MOON tab

If you only fill out one of width and height, that one will be used, and the missing attribute will be scaled to the same size, relatively…
IE. if your icon is 60x100 and you set height to 50 and width to 0 (zero), the width will be set to 30…

If both width and height are set to 0 (zero) the icon will be shown in it’s full size…

Maybe I’ve messed up, I don’t know, but this should work, and I really can’t see why it doesn’t for you…
Is all the 3 icons, or??? Is the problem still there? Is it just when changing skin/options or is the problem persistent across refreshes and updates?

Well, anyways, the next feature I’ve got in the making, will give another solution for your screen space problems :razz:

WooW, an update, at last, it’s been so long :shock:
I return, bearing gifts for the lesser monitors [and their owners/users], with the option of hiding elements from the ‘Current Forecast’ …

That’s it… That’s all I’ve got… Maybe… Kind of… I guess… NOT :razz: there’s more, not much, but more…:

Courtesy of EdP and some unfortunate website owner [I’ll look in to saving his/her bandwidth soon] you can now choose your liking of weather.com icons, OR ACTUAL PHOTO-REALISTIC DEPICTIONS OF THE MOOOOOON :eek: and they can even be rotated synchronized to the real-life orientation of Brisbane, Australia :lol:

Furthermore, I’ve put into this version, the ability to brew coffee, cook and clean :—) now I just have to figure out the algorithm for WW to give you the winning lottery numbers :wink:

:eek: :lol: :laughing8:

Now a certain Australian won’t have anything to do but look at the moon all day. :iconbiggrin:

If you Google the 'net for “m28.gif” you will find sites like:

http://cs.calvin.edu/books/java/intro/1 … es/phases/

plus the other moon links I posted somewhere. You could add them as optional sites to select from.

Excellent! I prefer showing the extra components of Slendid, but I’m certain others will really benefit from this new skin update.

Great work. :thumbleft: :thumbright: < that’s two :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say thanx for the feedback and praise :iconbiggrin: and on a side note I’ve updated the screenshot…

I’ll be back with more soon enough, but is there anything you’d like in it? I sure do like a challenge…

And now, to all a good night [atleast it is here]

Hi Fl?gger

Just checking in (it’s been a while since I last checked) and thought I’d throw question by way of a “challenge” since you asked for it. Do you have plans to do anything with the other tabs in the skin? I mean the “Current” tab now has so much information on it that there is almost (but not quite) no reason to even have “Hourly,” “Daily,” or “Detailed” in the skin.

While I’m at it I’d also like to add some more praise as well as play with this extension I found for FireFox called “Smiley Xtra 4”…
http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209214.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/_950/ole.gifhttp://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209114.gif

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/3202/mo9bu.gif
(Okay enough of that sillyness)

Well, I must say it’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to work on this - but neither the ideas or my self are dead [yet] AND I do intend to make several changes and additions to the other skins… I’ve got some ideas myself [still in the top-secret-incubation-deveolpment-phase :razz:] but if anyone will contribute with their own ideas; what do YOU want in the other tabs???

Still alive, and on the job…

Well… I’m afraid I don’have any earthshatering ideas, just this:

My WW window is significantly wider than it is tall. The information in the Hourly, Daily and Detailed tabs is arranged in a columnar format, thereby causing scrolbars to get to most of the info, especially that which is not already on the “Current” display. So, my “big idea” is to rearange the displays for a better presentation.