Completely Missing Dates

Hi,
I am completely missing date information in both WeatherWatcher Tray popup and windowed gui. Opposite to the pictures of the gui at your website, no Observed date nor Downloaded date is shown in my interface. This is annoying, because the unexact expressions “Current” “Today” and “Tonight” remain floating there with sometimes obsolete info if the update has not happened for some reason. My location is Finland, maybe the issue has something to do with date formats, I don’t know but would be greatful if you could do something to ensure the visibility of the forecast date both in the gui windows & the tray popup.
http://www.postimage.org/gxK9Jfi.jpg

I have a few questions for you:

1) Which version of Weather Watcher are you using?

2) In the “General” tab of the Weather Watcher Options window, did you try checking the first two checkboxes under the “Time Display” heading?

Reply: Yes, but I can not notice any difference. However, more essential than seeing the TIME would be seeing the DATE (and the time is shown in the systray popup, but without the date).

I believe for the tooltip date problem you need to reduce the number of items you have selected to be displayed. The tooltip window isn’t designed to show all of them concurrently.

EdP, I have all tooltip items checked and can see everything in my tooltip window.

Panu, please post a screenshot of your Language & Regional Options window from the Windows Control Panel. I want to try your regional settings on my computer to see if this issue might be related to your specific date/time settings.

That’s ok. My tooltip doesn’t show the date either, just the time. But in checking back the tooltip never did show the date, only the time.

The forecast window however does show the date if selected as an option.

http://www.postimage.org/aVXBWf0.jpg

Finnish Regional settings, here you are.

After continued examination, I can tell you do not need to investigate these regional settings.

Your question

In the “General” tab of the Weather Watcher Options window, did you try checking the first two checkboxes under the “Time Display” heading?

after all resolved the original issue at the main display, only, checking the those checkboxes and pressing Apply button or OK button did not have any effect BEFORE next forecast update, which was confusing, so I consider this a minor functionality bug and wish development for it in your forthcoming releases, as well as I wish to see the DATE in the tooltip (currently missing feature according to what I understood out of EDP’s comment).

Best regards and with no need to continue this discussion.

Panu, yes, the data on the main Weather Watcher window only refreshes when the weather information is updated.

I’ll see what I can do about adding the date to an upcoming release. It probably makes the most sense to only display the date when it’s not the current date. What do you think?

I think it’s a bad idea. It means the tooltip window will be a variable size depending on whether the date is displaed or not.

If you are going to make the date an option it should be like the date display on the forecast windows, always there or never there.

BTW You could add the ability to make updates run automaticly if the date options are changed, similar to the reaction of location changes.

It probably makes the most sense to only display the date
when it’s not the current date. What do you think?

I would feel more comfortable, if I would see the date every time … I always feel unsure when I see a computer saying “Current date” or “Today” or “Now” … You never now when the current was current and wheather the display is up to date if there is no numeric expression that I can compare to my own awareness … :slight_smile: