Carriage Return/Line Feed in Export Scripts

Could you allow the data export process to export carriage return/line feeds? I am exporting to a .txt file without HTML headers. A daily/hourly/moon loop puts every piece of information on a single line – even when I use separate [TEMPLATE]…[/TEMPLATE] structures for each piece. This single line is difficult to parse by any program using the .txt file.

I have version 7.1.129 of Weather Watcher Live which, by the way, is an excellent program.

Have a great new year.

Please post the export template that you’re using now. And, below that, show an example of the output you’d like to see.

Thanks, Mike. I’m impressed by your prompt answer.

The export script is:

[DAILY LOOP COUNT=1]
[TEMPLATE]
[DAILY DAY], [DOWNLOADED DATETIME]
Today Daytime: [DAILY CONDITION DAY]
Today Evening: [DAILY CONDITION NIGHT]
[/TEMPLATE]
[/DAILY LOOP]

The actual exported data are:

Saturday, 1/11/2014 9:22:36 PM Today Daytime: Rain Today Evening: Rain

I would like the exported data to be:

Saturday, 1/11/2014 9:22:36 PM
Today Daytime: Rain
Today Evening: Rain

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Garth

If your plan is to parse the output with a program, then why not just make it easy like this?

[DAILY LOOP COUNT=1]
[TEMPLATE]
[DAILY DAY], [DOWNLOADED DATETIME]|Today Daytime: [DAILY CONDITION DAY]|Today Evening: [DAILY CONDITION NIGHT]
[/TEMPLATE]
[/DAILY LOOP]

That way you’d easily be able to parse the output on “|”.

Thanks, Mike.

I tried a special character to mark the parsing breaks in a text line: it worked! No problem remains :icon_smile:

I am using a parser written by another person (the TXT plugin for the LCDC program by Matthew Augier, which displays text on a vacuum fluorescent display). Fortunately the parser recognized special characters to delineate parts of a line.

Not all parsers do, though. In the long term, allowing [CRLF] and [TAB] to format parts of a data export might be of general use. I’m OK now, though, thanks to your suggestion.

Regards