Cannot delete the uninvited map in desktop

I first installed WW56SETUP2.EXE (w WhenU SaveNow). Didn’t know how to get rid of the wallpaper. Uninstalling it could not get rid of it either.

Installed WW56SETUP.EXE (w/o WhenU SaveNow).
Following the instruction

quote:
[Wallpaper Auto Update - Set this dropdown box to "Never auto update" if you would like to disable the Weather Watcher wallpaper feature. When set to an interval, the wallpaper can also be manually updated at any time by selecting the "Refresh Wallpaper" item from the Weather Watcher system tray menu.].
did not help either.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I first installed WW56SETUP2.EXE. Didn’t know how to get rid of the wallpaper.
Uninstalling it could not get rid of the uninvited map either. Then I installed WW56SETUP.EXE.
[Wallpaper Auto Update - Set this dropdown box to “Never auto update” if you would like to disable the Weather Watcher wallpaper feature. When set to an interval, the wallpaper can also be manually updated at any time by selecting the “Refresh Wallpaper” item from the Weather Watcher system tray menu.].
did not help either.

Can you e-mail me a screenshot of the “Wallpaper” section of your Weather Watcher Options window? Please send it to [email protected].

OK, it is deleted, but only after a reboot. But there was a complaint in the failed auto startup which I didn’t record.

So I manually started the Weather Watch. Hopefully it won’t come back in the future when that complaint get dealt with.

I first installed WW56SETUP2.EXE. Didn’t know how to get rid of the wallpaper.
Uninstalling it could not get rid of the uninvited map either. Then I installed WW56SETUP.EXE.
[Wallpaper Auto Update - Set this dropdown box to “Never auto update” if you would like to disable the Weather Watcher wallpaper feature. When set to an interval, the wallpaper can also be manually updated at any time by selecting the “Refresh Wallpaper” item from the Weather Watcher system tray menu.].
did not help either.