Bug reports in Ver. 271

I have noticed 2 bugs in Ver. 271.

1. There is a bug in the check box for Start Minimized, even with the box checked WWL starts on the desktop (and stays there) when restarting the PC.
  2. There is a bug in the check box for Round Wind Speed to Nearest Whole Number. Even with the box checked, the wind speed is displayed in the Tray Tooltip as a decimal number with digits behind the decimal point.

Neither of these bugs were noticed in prior vers. of WWL.

7.2.274 is the current version of Weather Watcher. However, I suspect upgrading won’t resolve your issues since no related changes (AFAIK) were made between those versions.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Can you share a screenshot so I can see what you’re describing?

1 Like

I am running Windows 10-21H2 Long Term Service Version. The issues also occurs on my PC that has W10-1809 Long Term Service Version. …I have also found a 3rd bug: If you set a map URL in the “Map Image Link” box and then change the weather station, then the map URL is deleted from the URL box.

I was not able to reproduce this issue in version 7.2.271 or 7.2.274. Can you give me an example of a URL you entered that was deleted after clicking the “OK” button to save the settings?

https://s.w-x.co/staticmaps/WEB_48hour_rain_snow_1280x720.jpg   

The URL is deleted when/if you change the weather station, upon the new station loading the map URL is deleted from the Map Image Link box

That’s working as designed then. The URL is only saved for the currently selected weather station. That allows a different map to be configured for different weather stations.

Did you try version 7.2.274 to see if you’re able to reproduce the other bugs in the current version? I’m not sure it will resolve your issues, but it’s worth a try.

1 Like

BTW, I have always wondered why on the Map Link Box, that there is no “right click & paste” support and that you have to use Control key + V key to paste the map URL?

Yep, that would certainly make it more user friendly.

1 Like