automaticlly WW Version Update?

for 2-3 weeks I got a popup that there is a new version of WW and if I want to visit the site, I answered with NO. In the meanwhile there was new version but I wasnt notify about that.

1. what can be?

2. where is the option in WW to automaticly search for new version? I saw it earlier somewhere but now…?

cska133, check the Check for new version box in the General tab of the Weather Watcher Options window if you would like Weather Watcher to automatically alert you when a new version of Weather Watcher is available.

There are some flaws in the version checker in a few of the older Weather Watcher builds. I’m not sure which version you’re currently using, but that could be the case if you’re not using one of the last several Weather Watcher builds.

i still have 5.6.22, is there a bug with in the check for new version?

Are you referring to the 5.6.23a and 5.6.23b versions? The version checker will only alert you when the build number changes (e.g. 5.6.23 to 5.6.24).

I still have version 22 and I still dont get notifications that version 23 ist available ?!?

cska133, above you said you selected NO when asked to upgrade from 5.6.22 to 5.6.23. If that is the case, then you shouldn’t have been notified again.

If you do a manual check (from the system tray menu), then you should be notified of the new version. Does that work?

If you do a manual check (from the system tray menu), then you should be notified of the new version. Does that work?

I will try this…

cska133, above you said you selected NO when asked to upgrade from 5.6.22 to 5.6.23. If that is the case, then you shouldn’t have been notified again.

what does this mean!!! I answered with NO that I dont wnat to upgrade to the new version, It doesnt mean that I dont to be notified for new versions? This are 2 different things…Why should this NO about upgrade influence the check about new version, I dont understand???

Weather Watcher 5.6.23 was the last public Weather Watcher release, and you told Weather Watcher you did not want to download it when you were prompted. Which new versions weren’t you notified about?

I am completely lost here :neutral:

I thought that I will be notified about V.23 everytime when I start WW (still v.22)
I think this is the normal behavior ?

Does it mean that when v.24 comes ot, then I will be notofied again?

Weather Watcher will only alert you of a new version one time. My goal was to create a reminder that was helpful, but not annoying.

Correct.

I believe if you simply close the New Release window, rather than replying Yes or No to it, you will be rereminded next time you start WW.

Another option, add the SingersCreations RSS feed to your home page. That way you can control how long the new release announcement is displayed.

And of course the obvious option, RIGHT click on the WW tray icon then click on Check for new version, on a weekly basis, maybe right after you do your backups.

EdP, excellent point. I have never tried that, but it sounds like it would work.

Hello! Is there a version of weather watcher for mac or ios?

No. Weather Watcher is only compatible with Windows.

Thanks for reply!