Animated Weather.com icons!!!!!

I ran across this yesterday;

“you also have access to the four original Weather.com icon sets (31x31 GIF, 52x52 GIF, 52x52 Transparent GIF, 82x82 Animated GIF)”

Weather.com has animated icons!!! :shock: Can WW access them? Supposedly they are a part of the XML feed.

EdP, where did you see that?

http://www.joshcook.net/weather/ download the program and the is a folder with the images

ewelin, those look like icons created by someone other than TWC. I didn’t see them anywhere on TWC’s website.

ewelin is correct, that’s where I saw that quote. Josh Cook, the owner of the other site, said that those GIFs are from a long long time ago and that he gathered them from the weather.com website when they were in use but they didn’t even have those images created.

Are they available via XML?

The missing ones, 44-47.gif, are night versions of other animated icons.

[size=4]Ed[/size]

EdP, that’s my whole point. Those icons are not available for use at weather.com. I am very surprised that Josh even included those icons in his program. He was so careful to step around every part of TWC TOS. Including those icons definitely violates their TOS.

Originally posted by Mike Singer
He was so careful to step around every part of TWC TOS. Including those icons definitely violates their TOS.

?? TOS says you can’t use TWC’s icons? Could TWC have been experimenting with these icons a long time ago and have since stopped using them?

EdP, right. There are certain standards that must be followed in order to use their icons. Including them in an application like that is probably one of the no-no’s on their list.

I received a letter from their head liason a few years ago for doing the same thing [:D]

Interesting.

Thanks for the info Mike.

[size=4]Ed[/size]

FYI

18 months later, these icons are still available from Josh’s website, http://www.joshcook.net/weather/, and he has made some interesting updates to his app.

Josh is also from Pennsylvania, the same as Mike. Weather apps must be a cottage industry in the state. :razz: :lol: