7.0.11 Skin Issues with WU stations

I just released a new Weather Watcher Live 7 update with fixes for the above issues. Right-click the Weather Watcher Live system tray and choose “Check for New Version” to download the update.

I installed the new version and the red x’s went away but I am stilling seeing questions marks for the nighttime weather icons in the tool tip. I am wondering if this is because in the daily screen, there are only 6 icons showing but the tool tip is trying to display 10. Perhaps the data doesn’t exist at my station?

Yes, that seems to be the case. Since you’re using a Weather Underground station, you could display hourly icons there instead. If you’d like to do that, then check the “Display upcoming hourly condition icons in the tooltip” box in the “Advanced” section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window. I’ll make a note to hide the extra daily icons if there aren’t that many daily condition icons to display.

Ok, good to know.

Thanks!

I just upgraded to 7.0.19 and the trey icon is still showing too many icons and so I am seeing the question mark icons. I noticed an earlier version said this was fixed but I’m still seeing the same behavior.

Thanks!

danwdoo, how many icons do you see in the daily forecast? How many do you see in the tray tooltip?

In the daily view I see 6. In the tool tip I see 10, 7 of which have real icons, and then 8-10 are all question marks. I do have a bunch of the tooltip options chosen to display so it is pretty tall.

danwdoo, I found the bug. I’ll include a fix in the next version 7 release.

The latest version has fixed the tooltip icons.

Thanks!

I encountered a new issue with the new version this morning. I went to check the daily view and saw this (note the last entry):

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4937/44764935.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4937/44764935.jpg

Seems quite the cold front is on the way =). Not sure if this is WW doing this or the WU data.

Thanks!

danwdoo, that’s an issue with the Weather Underground data feed. I forwarded this issue to them. In the meantime, I’ll add a fix to Weather Watcher Live to ignore the last day if it contains bogus information.

Ok, great. It seems to mostly happen in the mornings for some reason, and then by afternoon, everything is normal again. Maybe it’s a bit ahead of what’s available.

Anyway,
Thanks!