5.6.51??

This is not the right forum for this but I don’t know where else to put it.

FIXED: The Daylight Remaining tooltip item was not calculating correctly when the sunrise and sunset occurred on different days.

WHERE does this occur???

http://www.postimage.org/aV1aHIPS.png

Wow!!

Thanks Mike.

Priceless.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/285/1/b/Rolling_on_the_Floor_Laughing_by_Xikaze.gif

I had to think about that one for a bit. I found Akiak on the map and, being south of the the arctic circle, Mike’s example is no doubt due to DST. But, of course, there are places in Alaska in the summertime where the sun doesn’t set for months. Just curious, does the code work properly for someplace like Barrow, AK?

Update: apparently not quite: Sunrise: 5:07PM Sunset: 5:07PM Daylight remaining: 0:00.

Still, how would you solve that issue? The actual number of hours and minutes of daylight remaining would be huge. Might a simpler solution be to just show it as 24hrs of daylight remaining?

Of course, in the winter the situation is reversed. No sun at all.

It would be impossible to correctly calculate the remaining hours without knowing the sunrise and sunset dates.

Those locations certainly give new meaning to the term Daylight remaining and even Sunrise, Sunset. You would almost have to add an option to display the date and the time to their displays to be accurate but would it be useful or meaningful.

I suspect that people in those areas would understand blank values because like people on the rest of the globe they relate them to be for the date. Thus for a date where the sun rose yesterday and sets tomorrow Daylight for the day is 24 hr. and Daylight Remaining is from the current time till midnight.

If you try to show Daylight Remaining for the areas Hunz pointed out where the sun is up for weeks, or down for similar periods, the Daylight Remaining display would have to include DAYS, hrs and minutes, and Sunrise and Sunset would have to include DATES, which while accurate would not relate to the other data presented.

What does TWC do for such areas?

They don’t have such an issue because they do not show the amount of daylight remaining. They simply show the sunrise and sunset times (as shown in my screenshot above).