10-day forecast is only 2 days now

For many weeks now, the 10-day forecast mode has been showing only 2 days. I think this is because when you looked at the weather for your zip code or city, Weather.com used to show the 10-day forecast on the same page as the daily detailed forecast for that location. Now the 10-day forecast has been moved to its own page.

Perhaps the pointer to the new 10-day forecast page (customized for each user’s zip or city location) has not been updated in WW.

This is just a guess. But I really miss the 10-day forecast. esp. as I am taking a photography class and am checking the weather frequently due to recent rain. I just upgraded to 5.5c on a Win2K machine, and it’s still doing the same thing: the 10-day forecast is only displaying two days.

Please fix. Thanks!</font id=“Tahoma”></font id=“blue”> [:(]

Well, I don’t think this is a weather watcher problem, as I get 10 days in the 10-day forcast.

Using WW 5.6 Beta 3 on WinXP Home SP2

Try readding your location to the Active City table. Does that help?

Ed

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
Try readding your location to the Active City table. Does that help?

Ed

I tried removing and re-adding my zip code, but that didn’t fix the problem. I tried adding the city, but it said “city not found.” I’ve been doing incremental upgrades. Do you think I should remove the app and do a full install? </font id=“blue”></font id=“Tahoma”>[^]

hobiecat I assumed when you said you upgraded to 5.5c you meant you upgraded from from a prior release to the full version of 5.5c. If that is not the case than yes, you must do a full install of 5.5c. The 5.5c upgrade file is for people who have already installed 5.5c and needed to fix a problem with it.

Mike this seems to be a common problem. Can you somehow change the wording on the download links so that people know that the upgrade files are NOT for upgrading from prior releases.

Ed

hobiecat, as EdP suggested, try a full install.

EdP, you can use the upgrade when installing a newer version of Weather Watcher. If you’ve never installed Weather Watcher before, then a full setup must be installed. I’m not sure what wording I need to change there.

EdP, I accidently overwrote your last post [:(] To answer your question, you should be able to upgrade from Weather Watcher 5.4/5.5 by just installing the latest update. There are probably cases where that will not work, but it should work for most people.

Tr… er… Mike, in the cases that have had problems here it appeared to be folks that did updates rather than full installs. And when they then did full installs they resolved their problems.

Does the 5.6 update file include the new weather icons?

And granted, people that did updates that did work don’t come here to report that. [:)]

Ed

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i] Does the 5.6 update file include the new weather icons?

No, but they should have the icons if you installed the full beta setup.

I agree the icons will be present if the full install is used. The point I was trying to make was I don’t believe a pre-5.6 user that installs the 5.6 upgrade won’t get all the functionality and maybe not all the features will work until a full install to that level is done. Thus the upgrade label can be misleading.

Ed

EdP, a pre 5.6 user will have to install the full 5.6 setup first. The updates do not work for the beta, unless you have installed the full beta setup. I know I posted that somewhere… a long time ago.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i] Can you somehow change the wording on the download links so that people know that the upgrade files are NOT for upgrading from prior releases.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
[b]EdP[/b], you can use the upgrade when installing a newer version of Weather Watcher.
quote:
[b]EdP[/b], a pre 5.6 user will have to install the full 5.6 setup first.
quote:
I'm not sure what wording I need to change there.

How about clarifying, in the text associated with the download links, which of your statements applies? “you can use the upgrade when installing a newer version” or “a pre 5.6 user will have to install the full 5.6 setup”

I would suspect the same probably holds true for some pre 5.5 users to 5.5 also.

Ed</font id=“size2”>

EdP, pre 5.5 users should be fine. 5.6 has a completely different format, which is why the full setup must be installed at least once.

quote:
[b]EdP[/b], pre 5.5 users should be fine. 5.6 has a completely different format, which is why the full setup must be installed at least once.
So we agree. Thus let me qualify my statement to be: "Can you somehow change the wording on the download links so that people know that the upgrade files are NOT for upgrading from prior releases" for 5.6. [8D]

Ed