WWL 6.06, Weather Alert stops Hidden Taskbar

Running Vista SP1 64-bit with the Taskbar set to hide if not in use.

When a Weather Alert is received and the balloon alert appears, it locks up the hidden taskbar such that it no longer hides. Acknowledging the alert does not clear the problem. The only solution I’ve found is to reboot or log out/in.

• The alert comes in and alert sound is issued.
  • Double click on the tray icon to open the alert.
  • The balloon then shows up
  • The taskbar is now stuck and no longer hides.

Another problem that V6.06 has is that the Left Double-click Action option on the Tray icon no longer works.

In previous versions I had the following settings and it worked fine

-“Left Single-Click Action” set to No Action
-“Left Double-Click Action” set to Open Weather Watcher Live

On V6.06, I have to set “Left Single-Click Action” to Open Weather Watcher Live.

Another problem that V6.06 has is that the Left Double-click Action option on the Tray icon no longer works.

In previous versions I had the following settings and it worked fine

-“Left Single-Click Action” set to No Action
-“Left Double-Click Action” set to Open Weather Watcher Live

On V6.06, I have to set “Left Single-Click Action” to Open Weather Watcher Live.

The above is fixed in 6.09. Thanks very much

Running Vista SP1 64-bit with the Taskbar set to hide if not in use.

When a Weather Alert is received and the balloon alert appears, it locks up the hidden taskbar such that it no longer hides. Acknowledging the alert does not clear the problem. The only solution I’ve found is to reboot or log out/in.

• The alert comes in and alert sound is issued.
  • Double click on the tray icon to open the alert.
  • The balloon tip then shows up
  • The taskbar is now stuck and no longer hides.

The above still occurs on V6.0.11.

I also have Vista SP1 – with all available Windows updates installed. I tried the following using Weather Watcher Live 6.0.11:

1) With Weather Watcher Live visible (or minimized), I switched to a weather station that had a current alert.

2) The severe alert sound played.

3) The alert balloon popped up from the hidden system tray area.

4) I doubled-clicked the balloon and the alert page opened at WeatherBug.com.

I also tried letting the balloon disappear and then double-clicked on the Weather Watcher Live system tray icon to display the main Weather Watcher Live window.

I believe I followed the same steps as you – on at least one of the above various routes. However, I did not have any trouble with the taskbar locking up.

What I am experiencing on Vista SP1 64-bit is slightly different than you explained.

The Severe Weather Alert balloon does not pop up until I acknowledge the audible alert by clicking on the tray icon. Once I click on the tray icon, the balloon tip pops up, the alert webpage opens, and the Left single click action “Open Weather Watcher Live” opens WWL.

From that point on, the Hidden Task Bar is stuck and will not auto hide.

Update: I did make a change to the single click = no action and double click = Open Weather Watcher Live. I then tested a weather station that has an active alert. This seems to have eliminated the lock up. Also, the sequence becomes as you described.