ww not updating

Well, I am having trouble again. I uninstalled and reinstalled ww beta 7 and it won’t download the weather. It also won’t allow me to go to weather.com from there. I have had a temp of 70 for a week now even in 39 degree weather I checked all the settings on Zone Alarm… have allowed EVERYTHING for ww and it just makes no sense. I sychronized my settings with a fellow user whose ww does work and still nothing.
It won’t change cities though they are all listed and worked awhile back.
PLease help me out since I am a huge fan of ww.

Thanks!

Can you access weather.com directly using IE? Is Windows XP’s firewall active?

Can you access weather.com’s XMP data using a link similar to this one?

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/U … f=5&dayd=5

Replace the USNY1645 with the weather code for your area.

Ed</font id=“size2”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
Can you access weather.com directly using IE? Is Windows XP's firewall active?

Can you access weather.com’s XMP data using a link similar to this one?

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/U … f=5&dayd=5

Replace the USNY1645 with the weather code for your area.

Ed</font id=“size2”>

I got this : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Yes I get it with IE after I get IE to connect. I use Mozilla. Could that be a problem?
Thank you for responding and trying to help!

[:)]

There should be a whole lot more to the XML response than what you reported. What is the weather code you used?

Mozilla should not be a problem. I primarily use Netscape myself.

Ed</font id=“size2”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
There should be a whole lot more to the XML response than what you reported. What is the weather code you used?

Mozilla should not be a problem. I primarily use Netscape myself.

Ed</font id=“size2”>

There was,actually. I apologize for not posting it all. Please read the following, however. [:)]

I actually tried 6 things…

1. I reinstalled ww (Forgot to reboot there also)
  2. Deleted .wat files
  3. Reset Zone Alarm settings (forgot to reboot there too)
  4. Reset my city code (after trying EdP’s suggestion of doing that & accessing weather.com from IE - THANK YOU, EdP!)
  5. Re-started IE (which I normally use Mozilla except for updating Windows which is now set to update automatically)
  6. I rebooted the system
  7. Then I had to reset some WW settings since when I checked the X to close the window, the window didn’t go to the systems tray, but closed the program completely.

I hope this helps someone else; and I hope it let’s you figure out exactly what the problem was! Thanks to EdP & Mike, who contributed help for me! :

jre1278 :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you got the problem resolved jre1278. I don’t know why your city code could have changed but weather.com has been expanding their system the past couple of months, adding On The Spot Weather locations and they could have diliberately changed it or accidently changed it.

Ed</font id=“size2”>