WW modifying Internet Settings

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it appears that WW is modifying settings in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. I suppose you may have had to do this in order to get the downloads to work, but I’m not to hot on the idea. One of the settings appears to be the ProxyEnable key. I use a proxy with windows authentication, so no username/password required (thus none set in WW). If WW can’t download (e.g. the infamous “Server Not Found” error), then there is a longer period of time from the beginning of a download to the end. Since it appears that WW changes IE’s registry settings at the beginning of a download and then switches them back at the end, there is a long period of time when IE has the incorrect settings for regular IE web browsing. If I open IE while WW is trying to download, I can’t get to the pages.

If it is true that WW is modifying the ProxyEnable key, I was wondering if there is a way to make it not modify that key without adding a username/password in the options section. WW should be able download what it needs (correct ports are open and all that good stuff) through the proxy.

I am making some assumptions so I apologize if I am in error. I’m just trying to debug. :slight_smile:

BTW I’m still getting the “Server Not Found” error.

~Bebo

Bebo – The “ProxyEnable” key is toggled. I kind of had that in there as a test. Since it’s causing some problems, I’ll be removing it from the download method. The “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” key will still be toggled off/on if it is on, and the “Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections” key will be toggled on/off if off. I think that will solved almost all of the IE-related download problems.

Thank you Mike! I have downloaded 5.5a, and it is working great! I appreciate your hard work!
~Bebo

BTW – 5.5a does not modify the IE settings when downloading the weather.