WW 5.6.32 no detailed forecasts updates

Today I installed WW 5.6.32 over 5.6.30.
5.6.30 before worked fine. Now I can download maps, and new weather data is downloaded, processed and parsed. But the datas in ‘Detailed Forecast’ still are the same (from Saturday).

• kjz

Which city are you using?

City is Koblenz, Germany.

The days are current for me – as of right now.

What happens if you change your city, update the weather, change back to Koblenz, and then update the weather again?

Nothing, still the same old data in ‘Detailed Forecast’.

But:

‘Daily Forecast’ is updated

‘Hourly Forecast’ is updated

‘Current Conditions’ are also updated.

Only ‘Detailed Forecast’ not.

• kjz

What forecast skin are you using?

Do you have a Detailed.wtp file in the skin?

If you exit WW, rename the skin’s Detailed.html file to be Detailed.old and then restart WW and do an Retrieve Weather update what happens?

Just noticed the same problem here (Manchester, UK) - detailed forecast still showing Monday (yesterday). I can change to a different city and the problem still exists.

Also the ‘Observed’ time has disappeared from the ‘Current’ page - is this by design?

Thanks
Steven

CiaraJansonFan, when you switch to a different city, does the detailed data display for that city or does it display the data from the last city?

Do you have the “Display time observed at weather.com” box checked in the “General” tab of the Weather Watcher Options window?

Mike,

It changes to the other city but still shows details going back to Monday - i.e. it isn’t updating. Version 5.6.30 (at home) still updates OK.

That checkbox wasn’t ticked so I’ve ticked it again now - don’t remember unticking it though! :shock:

Thanks
Steven

Classic. BTW: I changed the forecast skin to Splendid, but still no updates. (as said before, downloading and parsing is o.k., other forecasts are updated to Wednesday.)

Do you have a Detailed.wtp file in the skin?

Yes, 1556 Bytes.

If you exit WW, rename the skin’s Detailed.html file to be Detailed.old and then restart WW and do an Retrieve Weather update what happens?

Nothing, there is no ‘new’ Detailed.html and Detailed Forecast is still Saturday.

• kjz

:shock:

Someplace on your hd is a Detailed.html file. WW can’t display what doesn’t exist. Seach your hd for all references to “Detailed.*”. Let us know what you find. And for each Detailed.html that you find, dbl click on it and see what displays in IE. Note which one(s) correspond to Sat’s forecast.

Also, rename the Detailed.old file back to Detailed.html and dbl click on it. What does it show??

There were 2 detailed.html in different Classic skin directories.
The one from the Weather Watcher program directory:

The one from my profile (.old):

Koblenz, Germany
Detailed Forecast:
Saturday: Periods of rain. High near 21°C. Winds SW at 16 km/h to 32 km/h. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of 2,5 cm.
Saturday Night: A shower or two around the area early, then partly cloudy overnight. Low 14°C. Winds WSW at 16 km/h to 32 km/h. Chance of rain 30%.
Sunday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 19°C. Winds W at 16 km/h to 24 km/h.
Sunday Night: A few clouds. Low 12°C. Winds WNW at 16 km/h to 24 km/h.
Monday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs near 18°C and lows near 12°C.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Highs near 23°C and lows near 12°C.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs near 26°C and lows near 14°C.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs near 29°C and lows near 17°C.
Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs near 29°C and lows near 18°C.
Saturday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs near 26°C and lows near 17°C.
Sunday: Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms.. Highs near 26°C and lows near 17°C.
Monday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs near 28°C and lows near 17°C.
Observed 23.07.2008 @ 6:20 PM Local Time @ EDDK
View this forecast at weather.com®
  • kjz

I find this line in your Detailed.old file interesting:

Observed 23.07.2008 @ 6:20 PM Local Time @ EDDK

According to my calendar that’s today’s date, and the View this forecast at weather.com link, http://www.weather.com/weather/narrative/GMXX0066, begins with today’s forecast.

A quick check of the weather.com detailed data feed looks to be current also:

http://desktopfw.weather.com/weather/lo … =10&hbhf=0

Not sure where WW is getting it’s data from but it’s obviously wrong.

The fact that WW didn’t create a new Detailed.html file is a little strange also.

I’ve had the same problem since I switched to the latest version that is 5.6.32. The detailed forecast is stuck somewhere in the past and doesn’t even vary from city to city.

http://www.postimage.org/aVKwzL0.jpg

The following Weather Watcher build should resolve this issue:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/0w47sc6oo8.EXE

Thanks Mike, the detailed forecast has now updated to Thursday :icon_smile:

On 2 different machines I installed 5.6.33 over 5.6.32: still no updates of detailed forecasts. The I de-installed 5.6.32 on one machine and installed 5.6.33 from scratch: detailed forecasts now are updated again.

Maybe, an old component from previous versions is interfering with the detailed forecast updates.

• kjz

I de-installed 5.6.32

How did you “de-install” it? WW’s uninstaller leaves a lot behind. Did you clear out the Windows User profile folder’s files? The Registry?

Didn’t work for me but I didn’t try the “install from scratch” method which kjz used.

I used the ‘Uninstall Weather Watcher’ entry in the XP menue.

• kjz