WW 5.6.19 & 5.6.19a opening, but not displaying ANYTHING

Hi,

Recently I updated to release 5.6.19. The installation appeared to go smoothly, and I’ve had no error messages. The tray icon shows the temperature, and the current conditions are displayed in the splendid skin when I hover my mouse cursor over the tray icon… So, initially everything appears NORMAL…

However, when I double click the systray icon to open WW, or right click and choose “Open Weather Watcher” the program does open, BUT it doesn’t display ANYTHING on any of the tabs.

All I see is a blank white page with the WW logo (lightning bolt-dude.) I can click on the Update tab and see the tiny update window popup, but nothing is displayed. I can click on the Maps tab and see a list of maps. I can click on the Alerts tab and see the Alerts window popup, and the same with the Options tab (it does open the options window.)

But still, nothing is displayed under the Current, Hourly, and Daily tabs, except for the WW logo.

I then updated to release 5.6.19a, but the problem has persisted.

I’m using:
Windows 2k Pro, Service Pack 4
Firefox 2.0.2.2 (default browser)
IE (not default) 6.0.2800.1106
Dual video cards, dual sound cards, and dual displays
Logged in with Administrative rights (even tho not good idea.)
No popup blockers, toolbars, or such to mess with applications
Same result when firewall is active or shut down.

HELP!

Re: WW 5.6.19 & 5.6.19a opening, but not displaying ANYT

This is the normal behavior after installing Weather Watcher.

Nothing, as in the window is completely white? Can you give us some more detail? Do you see a message in the window? How do you get the window to close? Etc.

What happens if you try to search for a new city by clicking the “Add City” button in the “Active City” section of the Weather Watcher Options window?

Upgraded from what? An earlier release of WW or somehting else?

What city have you set WW’s forecasts to display?

Had the same thing. Go to options/skins and change the skins back to classic from whatever they are now. Then change back to what you had. Do them one by one and the information should magically appear.

I’ve had to do this every time I’ve updated WW.

I see just the frame of the WW window, and the WW tabs… But Current, Hourly, & Daily don’t do anything. So all that is displayed is:
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1346/wwflubvy4.jpg

What happens if you try to search for a new city by clicking the “Add City” button in the “Active City” section of the Weather Watcher Options window?

Good question. When I go to the Options tab, and try to change the city, it will not. It starts to search for the new city (Fargo, ND), but nothing is ever found. Even when I search for the current city (Bismarck, ND) the location/city search feature does not find it.

Both cities are NOAA weather stations, and their data is clearly available on weather.com (The Weather Channel.) However, it appears nothing is downloading on the 5.6.19-19a installations, as the data from last night is still displayed in the popup window that shows when you hover your mouse over the WW systray icon.

I’ve shut down my firewall, and rebooted numerous times, and the upgrade was from 5.6.18.

I have a similar machine with the same OS & software. It is running 5.6.18 with no problem, and is readily downloading and displaying the information normally on that system.

Have you tried the following build?
http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1608

Glad I came back to make an additional comment. I was going to uninstall and return to 5.6.18, but I will try 19b first.

I just came back to say, that .19A is displaying the correct/current maps as wallpaper… So it is still able to download the current maps.

Atmospherical, please let me know how you make out. I think 5.6.19b should do the trick :cool: