Wrong date on WW

Hi I turned on my computer and ww downloaded correctly but the date of the forcast is all out by upto 4 months any ideas please

Well, since you said please; :icon_smile:

The pc’s CMOS battery is bad/weak. (Is the pc’s clock showing the correct date?)

WW did not really update and is showing old data. (What version of WW are you running and on what OS?)

Weather.com for the city you’re looking at with WW is having problems. (If you click on the View this forecast at weather.com link at the bottom of the WW window what dates does the weather.com webpage show?)

The dates are in mmddyy format rather than ddmmyy format.

hth

Computer clock is fine reading date and time fine

Running 5.6.22 on XP

Weather.com shows update as 12 April @ 12:01

Weather Watcher still shows date as Observed dec 4 @ 1300 and
downloaded dec 4 @ 1403 (This is the correct time for download but not the date

The forcast is correct after temp conversions are applied

And Thanks for getting back to me looking forward to further comments

hmmmmm Two thoughts;

One

Click on the View this forecast … link at the bottom of the WW foreccast page. Note the weather.com code for your city.

Replace the weather.com city code in this URL with the one found above.

[size=2]Newfane, NY Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Is the lsup data correct?

Two

Shut down WW and delete all it’s entries in the XP registry.

[size=2]HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1390067357-484763869-1060284298-1003\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher[/size]

Restart WW and update it’s data.

The date current now??

If I could find a city code for Christchurch New Zealand I would or am I having a bald moment on this

NZXX0006

as in

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/NZXX0006

Thus “Newfane, NY Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel | Weather.com” becomes “http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/NZXX0006?cc=*&dayf=3&dayd=3&hbhf=

Well this URL is giving me a few problems but I have emptied the registry and restarted th app and the date is still the same

Now all I need to know is where does this altered url go

I entered it and got a pile of code etc

robroymac, it looks like Weather Watcher is reversing the day and the month (12/4 instead of 4/12).

In the Regional and Language Options of the Windows Control Panel, which format i[/i] is selected in the dropdown?

Bingo :thumbright:

Weather.com shows update as 12 April @ 12:01

Weather Watcher still shows date as Observed @ 1300 and
downloaded dec 4 @ 1403 (This is the correct time for download but not the date

12 April → 12 04 (ddmm)

dec 4 → 12 04 (mmdd)

The dates are in mmddyy format rather than ddmmyy format.

I knew it was simple. Here in NZ we are the reverse of you with regrds our dates thus why it happened

Thanks for dealing with this query

:-s Does changing the local setting screw up other date displays for you? I don’t understand why only WW is impacted.

It seems to have corrected itself on its own i have not changed any settings