Weatherwatch and DirectX 9 problem

I installed DirectX 9 last Tuesday and it seens that it affected Weatherwatch. Since then it hasn’t been able to update itslef.
Does any one know a solution? Is there gonna be a patch to fix this problem? I’ve already tried to re-install weatherwatch but nothing changed.

I have DX9 with no problems.

Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Musical Horizon “Site Admin”
http://www.musicalhorizon.com

Really? So I think the problem is my internet connection. I think it got affected by Direct X 9. I have been having problems with loading on interet explorer when I open it. It takes much more time now. This probably also affected the updating of weather watch.

yeah, that sounds about right… Hope you still have the system restore point to revert back to DX8. Good luck.

Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Musical Horizon “Site Admin”
http://www.musicalhorizon.com

That makes sense because Weather Watcher uses IE.

I tried to revert back but for some reason it didn’t work. Hey Mike, does weather watch uses some dll file to update? Because the problem I’m having is that it doesn’t update itself. Since you’ve said that it uses IE it must be related to the fact that the first time I open IE it takes a long time to upload the homepage. I only need to know the name of this file and then I can try to replace it.

It doesn’t use DLL files to download the weather, but it does use an IE control to display the weather inside of Weather Watcher. Maybe try reinstalling IE?

I’m having the exact same problem it sounds like. Windows update gave me several updates a couple days ago and I’ve gotten an “error server not found” every time I try to manually update ever since - and I assume the same error in the background, too. [xx(] Don’t know if I have directx9 or not but I know I received several updates to IE6. I’m running under XP and have never (in a week of using) had a problem of any kind prior to this.

Mike, looks like there is something going on for sure. If you want to email me, I’d be glad to run a debug version to let you know what is going on. email weatherwatcherAThugh.mailshell.com

Edit: I can see that I posted this in the wrong spot, I’m sorry.

Also, I DO get weather maps when I click on that button. No updates though.

Are you sure it’s Weather Watcher? Both nybbles and I are using DirectX 9.0.

Not at all. All I know is I had windows update turned off for a few months, then I turned it on. A bunch of updates downloaded and installed. Then, coincidence or not, I have not successfully received a weather update since.

I’d be glad to let you use remote assistance to control my pc and hunt around if this would help.

Weather watcher is totally a cool program</font id=“red”>. In just a handful of days I’ve gotten so used to seeing the temperature in my taskbar! I hate to uninstall it but it is not doing much good right now.

I think I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

Edit. This did not help. No function [xx(].

Thanks,
-Hugh

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
Are you sure it's Weather Watcher? Both nybbles and I are using DirectX 9.0.

Just a quick note that all my problems were resolved when I installed WW v5.0.22e!! [:D][:D][:D]