Weather Watcher 5.6 Beta 4

Hello,

In weather watcher 5.6 beta 4 there is a bug (at least at my system).
Wen I click or double click the left mousebutton, weather watcher is shutting down.
What action i set at the option window, weather watcher shuts down.
Even if i use the right mousebutton and click on open weather watcher, weather watcher shuts down. I can’t open the main window any more.

with regards, Flip

Did you have this problem with 5.6 Beta 3?

Ed

No, I went back to version 5.6 Beta 3.
Now the problem is solved.

flipflipsen, when you say shut down, I am assuming you mean Weather Watcher is terminating. Correct?

Things to try:

1. Install the full setup.
  2. Remove your Weather Watcher settings by deleting the following Windows registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher

!! In that sequence??

Ed

EdP, sure. You could reverse the sequence too.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by flipflipsen[/i] In weather watcher 5.6 beta 4 there is a bug (at least at my system). When I click or double click the left mousebutton, weather watcher is shutting down.

What action I set at the option window, weather watcher shuts down.
Even if i use the right mousebutton and click on open weather watcher, weather watcher shuts down. I can’t open the main window any more.

I’m having this same problem. I’ve uninstalled the program and removed all the registry keys, but it still doesn’t work. When I try to run it, it starts and immediately terminates.

I do not have this problem with beta 3 and rolling back is fine.

[:)]

Do you see Weather Watcher open before it closes? Do you see the tray icon?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
Do you see Weather Watcher open before it closes? Do you see the tray icon?

I do see it open very briefly before it closes, but I do not see the tray icon.

I had the same problem on my laptop, but I’m not sure how I solved it. The last thing I did was delete the *.INI files from “C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher”… Weather Watcher opened OK then. I tried to undo my changes to cause the problem again, but I was not able to.

quote:
[b]EdP[/b], sure. You could reverse the sequence too.
Ok, I'm confused. Doesn't the install of a release update the Registry? Thus if you install WW 1st than delete the Registry entries doesn't that screw things up?

Deleting the old entries prior to the install makes perfect sense but not vica versa.

What am I missing here? </font id=“size2”>

Ed

Mike,
I’m getting the exact same problem. WW appears for a moment and then just disappears. It disappears from Windows Task manager also. When I go back to the Beta 3 version it works just fine.
I opened the DL.exe with notepad but couldn’t figure out what to delete.
I’m on XP Pro SP2 with all updates.

quote:
I had the same problem on my laptop, but I'm not sure how I solved it. The last thing I did was delete the *.INI files from "C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher\DL.EXE"... Weather Watcher opened OK then. I tried to undo my changes to cause the problem again, but I was not able to.

Where are the .ini files? I couldn’t find any for WW.

Mike,

I don’t see any INI files in the WW folder. I do see within DL.exe a reference to c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vb98\vb6.olb which I don’t have on my Win XP system.

Ed

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
quote:
[b]EdP[/b], sure. You could reverse the sequence too.
Ok, I'm confused. Doesn't the install of a release update the Registry? Thus if you install WW 1st than delete the Registry entries doesn't that screw things up?

Deleting the old entries prior to the install makes perfect sense but not vica versa.

What am I missing here? </font id=“size2”>

Ed

The installer does not add anything to the registry. The Weather Watcher settings are stored in the registry when you run Weather Watcher and/or modify the Weather Watcher Options.

Deleting the registry entry will not screw anything up… other than the fact that your Weather Watcher settings will return to the default settings.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Manymosi[/i]
Mike, I'm getting the exact same problem. WW appears for a moment and then just disappears. It disappears from Windows Task manager also. When I go back to the Beta 3 version it works just fine. I opened the DL.exe with notepad but couldn't figure out what to delete. I'm on XP Pro SP2 with all updates.

That link was suppose to be “C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher”. Most people probably don’t have *.INI files in there, but I did in my case.

Try deleting the “C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher” and reinstall Weather Watcher. You might want to rename that folder, instead of deleting it, so you can undo any changes.

Hello,

Yes Mike, i mean that the program was terminating.
I just uninstalled weather watcher, and deleted all keys in the registry.
I did a fresh install of version 5.6 Beta 4.
But now I don’t even can startup weather watcher.
So I decided to uninstall and reinstall version 5.6 Beta 3.
Now everything is back to normal.

flipflipsen, did you delete “C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher” before reinstalling Weather Watcher? This step is not required when upgrading/reinstalling, but it would be interesting to see if it fixes the problem.

Yes Mike, I deleted the complete map, and as I said, all occurences in the registry, I totally cleaned the system from weather watcher.

After that I installed version 5.6 beta 4, and The I double clicked the icon, but weather watcher didn’t start. Also, after rightclicking and click on open, the program didn’t start.

flipflipsen, I guess I’ll need to take another look at the code then. I wonder if anyone who had this problem was able to fix it.