weather updates not working

[:(] Well, I seem to have a new problem now! I am running WW 5.6 Beta 11. It has been working great… now it has developed a problem of not updting. The weather is still for this last Thursday! When I attempt to update the weather, the little box with the parsing shows it as having completed without updating! Is that clear and what do you suggest?

Thanks.

Roxann

Try switching your city. Any luck?

Are you able to search for new cities within the Weather Watcher Options?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
Try switching your city. Any luck?

Are you able to search for new cities within the Weather Watcher Options?

Well, now it updates the cities; but still shows Thursday’s weather (this week Thur- today and next week. The current day is what is wrong)

Roxann

Try uninstalling Weather Watcher using the uinstall link in the “Weather Watcher” folder in your Windows Start menu. Then, reinstall Weather Watcher.

[V] Uninstalled and resinstalled WW 5.6 beta 11. Same problem as last time; I had to open IE (grrr) to get it to work. I like to use Mozilla
and FireFox. I had to allow IE to access the internet, then my cities worked. I have closed IE now and so far it is still working. Also like last time. I avoid IE for security reasons, like I do AOL! It really bothers me that I need IE to get this program to operate. [:(]

One wonders for how long this time! This is getting aggravating. Sorry, Mike and Ed.

Roxann

quote:
[i]Originally posted by jre1278[/i]
It really bothers me that I need IE to get this program to operate.
Weather Watcher uses an embedded IE control to display the weather data. Since Weather Watcher is only accessing the weather.com data, there is no chance of an IE-related security problem.

I think you are too caught up in the IE-is-evil hype [:D]

I have had a similar problem with the Current Conditions not updating in the early hours of the morning but if you go to www.weather.com you will see that the answaer to the problem lies there.

quote:
Originally posted by jre1278

[:(] Well, I seem to have a new problem now! I am running WW 5.6 Beta 11. It has been working great… now it has developed a problem of not updting. The weather is still for this last Thursday! When I attempt to update the weather, the little box with the parsing shows it as having completed without updating! Is that clear and what do you suggest?

Thanks.

Roxann

Trevor Davies

TrevorLDavies, what do you mean by the answer lies at weather.com?

Mike,
When this problem arises and I click on the link to weather.com their forecast is unavailable as well. Singer[/i]

TrevorLDavies, what do you mean by the answer lies at weather.com?

[/quote]

Trevor Davies