weather alerts for the wrong area

I keep getting alerts that are thousands of mile away from me. I just go a freeze warning for Gainesville Florida. I have also gotten alerts for Nebraska, California, and Pennsylvania. The problem is I live in Ithaca, NY. This has happened on the current version 5.6.1.8 and the last two before it.
My location is set for Ithaca, NY…I even changed it to the zip code 14850 but I still get the occasional warning.

Do you see the same weather alerts if you check your weather at weather.com?

It could be because Ithaca is so small weather.com can’t pin point the weather for it. :iconbiggrin:

Yes, I know where Ithaca is and have been there. It’s a beautiful town here in NY. :icon_smile:

update on wrong alerts

ok, heres whats going on. I got an alert today that said this:

/O.NEW.KMKX.WW.Y.0001.070301T0000Z-070301T1800Z/ SAUK-COLUMBIA-DODGE-WASHINGTON-OZAUKEE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF…BARABOO…PORTAGE…WISCONSIN DELLS… BEAVER DAM…WEST BEND…PORT WASHINGTON 331 AM CST WED FEB 28 2007

…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM CST THURSDAY…

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM CST THURSDAY.

A COMBINATION OF RAIN…FREEZING RAIN…SLEET AND SNOW IS EXPECTED THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO LIKELY. SNOW FALL AMOUNTS OF FROM 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN A MIXTURE OF SNOW… AND/OR SLEET…AND/OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE DIFFICULT TRAVEL. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES. USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

within 5 seconds I recieved a correct alert for the Ithaca area.

If it can find my town, it can find Ithaca. :lol: Though probably my info here is actually from Elmira.