"View this forecast at weather.com?"

Hi Mike, excellent program.

I would like to know…
Is Weather Watcher IE only? I am using Firefox 1.0 in Windows XP as my default browser.
When I click on “View this forecast at weather.com?” link at the bottom of the forecast pages, it opens weather.com in the Internet Explorer browser.
Is this by default of the program? Or is there something I can do to make the link open with the Firefox browser?

Thanks,
Postewar

Your default web browser setting in Windows has nothing to do with IE. When working in IE, all new browser windows will open in IE if the link is clicked from within IE. Any web browser should function the same way.

quote:
When working in IE, all new browser windows will open in IE if the link is clicked from within IE. Any web browser should function the same way.
I agree. But the WW Forecast window is not an IE window, it's a Window app window, thus the http link will invoke the default Windows' browser.

Copy the link at the bottom of the WW Forecast window to an shortcut on the Desktop. Close all open Windows. Dbl click on the new shortcut. Whatever opens is the system’s default browser.

It’s possible that the FireFox’s setting as default browser was over written by a FireFox upgrade or the install of SP2.

EdP

I guess you missed my post above (the 2nd one). The window that displays the weather in Weather Watcher is an instance of IE… it’s an actual IE window.

quote:
The window that displays the weather in Weather Watcher is an instance of IE... it's an actual IE window.
[:0] I'll be dipped, so it is!! [:I] That being the case than you are correct, the link will open in IE regardless of what the default browser is.

My prior experience must have been with a different product. [B)]

EdP