V.5.6.25 Weather Maps Not Remaining Current

I am a newbie with Weather Watcher, so please pardon if this support post has been issued before or the question is very much my stupidity.

I am running Vista Business. When I right click on the tray icon>Map History, the desired animated weather map displays okay. However, it is as much as 75 minutes out-of-date. I do have WW set to update every 5 minutes.

How do I make WW keep the weather maps current- at least to the last 15 minute interval ?

I am not viewing the maps in my default browser. The map is one selected from the available list of maps
US/Virginia [AccuWx] Radar/Satellite Animated
I have nothing selected under the WallPaper option because I do not want the map to be my Wallpaper.

Thanks in advance.

I just pulled up that map and it’s most recent image is one hr ago. But it matches the one displayed [b]here[/b] so it is their current image. WW doesn’t create the data it merely displays what is available.

Even Weather.com’s data can be old, depending on where you live. For that reason I usually have my WW refresh rate set to match the update frequency in my area.

Yes, you are right. I think I got it figured out. I’ve added maps that are more frequently updated by AccuWeather.

Thanks much…