Unable to Install wwl6011.exe

Hi,

First, I love Weather Watcher! Thank you!

Yesterday I tried to adjust the tray icon font; I couldn’t get a readable one, and I couldn’t restore the default. So I removed the program and tried to reinstall. I got error messages that seemed to relate to the Ask toolbar (which I don’t have and don’t want. Today I downloaded the newest version (WWL6011.exe), but I’m still getting the same error message:

http://www.postimage.org/gx1lacD9.jpg

My computer is running Windows XP Pro Version 2002, Service Pack 3; I tried the download both with Firefox Version 3.0.6 and with Internet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236. My antivirus program is Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, and I tried disabling the firewall and the application monitoring.

Any ideas? I miss Weather Watcher!

Thanks,
Joanne

The following Weather Watcher Live installer includes a fix for this issue:
http://www.box.net/shared/8eru4mleof

The Ask Toolbar is an optional install item. It will not install unless you specifically tell it to do so.

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the file from the link you provided. When I tried to run the file, I got the same error message.

FYI, when I previously had Weather Watcher, I did NOT install the Ask Toolbar.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks much.

Joanne

Is the message exactly the same – even the numbers after “Runtime error”?

Now this is strange! I tried to run the install to see what the numbers were after the Runtime Error message, noted the numbers, then ran it again to see if they changed … and that time the install proceeded just fine!

But now I’m back with the same problem: the temperature icon in the tray isn’t readable. The default was Arial normal 8pt, and that wasn’t readable. I kept decreasing it, but it never gets readable. Then I went back to Arial normal 8 … and got the message that I needed to decrease the font or use a more compact font.

any suggestions?

Thanks much for your help.

Joanne

Problem solved!

I just stopped displaying the tenths (I hadn’t realized that was active) and the degree symbol, and now I can read the temperature number.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Take care,
Joanne