Tray icon font showing as bold when set to normal

The font is also showing as bold for the temp in the tray even when it is set as regular.

What are your current tray icon font settings?

I have it set to the default (Arial, Regular) but the size is set at 10, as it was too small at the default setting. I also have transparent background set on all 3 settings for the tray icon. What is wierd is I use the text color red for above freezing and it shows fine without bold. But I use the text color blue for below freezing and that is where it shows up bold. Does that make any sense?

I follow what you’re saying, but it doesn’t make sense for the text to switch to bold.

Try unchecking all three “Transparent” boxes. Does the icon still appear as bold then?

The bold goes away and the font is normal if I uncheck the transparency box.

Did you try Weather Watcher Live 6.0.11 yet? It includes some tweaks for the transparency feature – not sure if it’ll make a difference or not:

http://www.SingersCreations.com/Weather-Watcher-Live.asp

I just tried it and it does the same thing if you check the tranpsarent boxes. I’ll just leave it at the default for now.

It started doing this when the setup for it changed. I think version 6.0.6 worked right for those settings.

Weather Watcher Live 6.0.6 did not include the new color settings, so it is most likely not affected in any way.

I was not able to reproduce this issue on Windows Vista SP1. Which version of Windows are you using?

I am using Windows XP SP3.

I just tried Windows XP SP3. I had no luck reproducing the problem there either.

I’d like to try duplicating your Weather Watcher Live settings exactly. Please post or e-mail the following registry export to me at [email protected]:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher Live

Do yo wnta tme to set it up like it was when I was having problems? I left it at default for now.

Yes – please setup your settings like they were before you export the above registry key.