Today's high Beta 10

Today’s high does not seem to update appropriately. It shows today’s high as 82 but the morning email from weather.com shows 94. The current high on weather.com shows 93. Weahter Watcher shows Last downloaded at 10:46 observed at 10:25. The actual current temp is 82.

Are you sure you’re not mixing forecasts with actual?

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

I have the same problem. WW seems to only take the highest temperature it has download for the day as the high. So if I turn my computer on in the morning when it’s 80, it says the high for the day is 80. When it updates, it keeps raising the high temperature until the high actually occurs.

It should probably get the actual high temperature for the day, rather than use current temperatures, unless I am doing something wrong.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by matt_man22[/i] It should probably get the actual high temperature for the day, rather than use current temperatures, unless I am doing something wrong.
The forecasts already show the high (predicted) temperature. The "Today's High" shows the highest temperature downloaded while Weather Watcher is running. Maybe I need to modify that so it reads the "Recorded High", or something to that effect.

The high listed at weather.com is only a forecasted temperature. It’s quite possible that the actual high could reach 98 even when weather.com has forecasted it to be 95.

If you change it to “Recorded High” then someone will ask Recorded when?. And if WW has been up for several days they will want it to show the date and time and etc. I think a Help file explaining each field’s purpose, source of data, how to set option, would solve a lot of the questions.

BTW It’s the begining of the day, I booted an hr ago, my WW Current Temperature is 78 and Today’s High is shown as 80 already. Obviously the latter number isn’t from today and I just refreshed the data.

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>