Status text positioning

Mike, is there any chance you’d consider moving the status text (from the updates dialog) a pixel or two to the right? In the status dialog I made, I had to make the left edge of the text area gray instead of black because it’s touching the edge of the first character in the status text and it made it hard to read with a normal black outline.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7536/pic1zs.png

It’d be ideal to have the text coordinates able to be specified the same way the image itself is, but I realize that’s probably more hassle to design from scratch instead of just hard-coding the text a notch to the right. I know it was originally designed just to be overlaid on a square image, but having it bumped away from the edge allows for a lot more versatility.

That’s why I originally had to create a separate status “tooltip” area, because I couldn’t move the text position and it’d overwrite the transparent corner of the bitmap and look kinda weird, but I like the way it turned out anyway. [:)]

'Droid

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Landroid[/i]
Mike, is there any chance you'd consider moving the status text (from the updates dialog) a pixel or two to the right?
You should be able to do this in the "Skin.ini" for your interface skin. See the following lines:

StatusX=20
StatusY=14

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Landroid[/i]
Mike, is there any chance you'd consider moving the status text (from the updates dialog) a pixel or two
You should be able to do this in the "Skin.ini" for your interface skin. See the following lines:
Thank you sir! Those lines weren't in the INI that I edited, so I didn't realize they were missing. Much obliged!

'Droid