Small Details

I have just installed your program and so far am impressed by its thoughtful design.

I have a few suggestions for small details that would make it for me and hopefully others, easier to use.

1. Toggle the left-click on the tray icon between opening and closing the main window. This way there is no need to have to relocate the mouse to the upper right corner to close. Just click open - read - click close - no mouse movement.

2. Make the main window sizable so there is no need to scroll to read the whole forecast. Recall the window coordinates on next use.

3. Option for colour selection of main window and shade to 50% as is currently done.

4. Change order of tray shortcut menu to have the most used features at the bottom.

|?

Exit
Donate
-----------------
About
Help
Program Updates
-----------------
Weather Update
-----------------
Options …
Map History >

and add an option to reverse the order for those with the taskbar across the top of the screen.

1. Have the scroll wheel work when held over the scrollable main window (if it is not sized to not need scrolling :wink: At the moment it requires clicking into the list before it will work.

2. Have the items in the tray icon tool tip window user selectable. This way those not happy with “Feels:” can remove it and things like low and high or other current conditions could be included by the user’s choice.

3. Map Manager: Ability to clear map history.

Very nice work! I think the scope and feature set are excellent.

my reply is in bold between the suggestions:

Originally posted by abbe

1. Toggle the left-click on the tray icon between opening and closing the main window. This way there is no need to have to relocate the mouse to the upper right corner to close. Just click open - read - click close - no mouse movement.

Make this an option, though I like the idea.

1. Have the items in the tray icon tool tip window user selectable. This way those not happy with “Feels:” can remove it and things like low and high or other current conditions could be included by the user’s choice.

That might be good, though, I like all of those.

1. Map Manager: Ability to clear map history.

Yes.

Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Musical Horizon “Site Admin”
http://www.musicalhorizon.com

abbe – Good ideas here. Thanks!

An earlier series of posts addressed:

quote:

This is now a feature of the program.

In addition suggest that the clickable area for the open Weather Watcher that allows user or viewer to “Minimize Weather Watcher” be increased in size.

Quite possibly clicking on any area of the upper bar or any margin of the window should be sufficient to minimize the display window.

Comment pertains to version 5.5A and earlier versions.