Shouldn't Precipitation % DAILY approximate HOURLY?

In Weather Watcher Live 6.0.0.61 (Beta), shouldn’t the Precipitation % that appears under the DAILY tab for the day and Night approximately agree with the average Precipitation % under the HOURLY tab for the range of hours for day and Night?

An example might serve better; I’ve tried several locations in several states and get the same wide-ranging difference between DAILY and HOURLY Precipitation %:

Under the DAILY forecast I see “Precipitation: 0%”

Under the HOURLY forecasts between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. (which I am assuming approximate the hours of the DAILY forecast) I see a range for these hours between “Precipitation: 25%” and “Precipitation: 29%”.

So why doesn’t the DAILY forecast say something like “Precipitation: 27%”?

Is this a bug or is the program talking about 2 different kinds of precipitation under the same name Precipitation?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions.

Currently, I’m pulling the daily precipitation from the daily text. If that text includes “Chance of rain 40 percent”, then the daily precipitation will display 40%. As you noted, that percentage does not always match up with the hourly percentage.

WeatherBug is currently working to add a daily percentage to their data feed – so I don’t have to pull it from the daily text and/or try calculating it using the hourly data.