Severe weather alerts not working on Vista computer

GetFile.exe is the only program that accesses Internet. Weather Watcher retrieves all data (weather, alerts, update notifications, etc.) through that application. It seems like dcobb is seeing weather data, so I doubt Internet access it being blocked.

:-s I thought that was what dl.exe did. :-k If not, what role does dl.exe play? Both exes are labeled Weather Watcher Downloader.

DL.exe used to handle the downloading process. It now controls the GetFile.exe process… makes sure it closes the DL.exe process if it hangs up, runs too long, etc.

Thanks guys, for helping me get this fixed. I did get it working correctly with severe weather alert pop-ups as they should. I apologize for not getting back to you all sooner but I relied on notices in my email that there was further information here and apparently none came, so I decided I would look last night to see if anything else had been posted.

Embarrassingly, it turns out I did not have the “Show tray balloon…” checked under Tray Icon. I can’t tell you how many times I looked at all the options but never noticed. until last night after reading the latest posts, to look to see if I had it checked. Well, I didn’t.

As I’ve said to many of my friends - when it comes to working on computers, stuff happens.

Thanks again,

Dave

You’re welcome. Happy to hear you got it resolved.

Don’t be embarrassed, it is indeed easy to miss. Maybe Mike will change or move it to be more visible in future releases. :wink: