setup problem with WW

I just downloaded/installed WW.
I went to Options, typed my Zip Code (instead of City). No place to hit OK or Apply.
I reviewed/changed some of the options.
All I get is N/A…no weather.
How can I get my zip code accepted?
How do I setup WW?
Do forum answers to questions sent via e-mail to the poster?
I didn’t see a box to check for e-mail responses
Thanks to whoever will help me in setting my WW

Irving S.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by princessmandi[/i]
I went to Options, typed my Zip Code (instead of City). No place to hit OK or Apply.
Did you click on the Add City Code button? It opens a window for inserting your zip code. And, it has an [b]OK[/b] button. [:)] I agree though, the Active City tab is not as intuitive as it could be.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by princessmandi[/i]
Do forum answers to questions sent via e-mail to the poster?
No. You'll just have to come back and visit us again. [:)]

Ed

EdP, what do you suggest that I change to make it more intuitive?

Well… hmmmmm… interpeting what is seen is kinda like beauty, it’s in the eye of the beholder.

The current page for example has a button the says Remove City. I am reluctant to press that button to see what it does. It could work similar to the Add City Code button and open another window or it could delete the current Active City shown. Since I don’t want to do the latter I am reluctant to click on the Remove City button. That shouldn’t be the case. Maybe Remove Active City would be a better name for the button. Or if the button brings up a window of all locations from which to be selected then Remove A City might be better.

The Add City Code button can imply that it is only used if you know the weather code yet it can be used for the zip code in addition to the weather.com code. Add A City might be a better title for the button or Add a New City. And maybe combining it with the City Search function might be a good idea since entering a zip code into the City Search’s Search window works also.

BTW For those that wish to use Weather.com’s new On the Spot Weather location codes they work in Weather Watcher now. They didn’t seem to originally so I manually editted the citicode.cmb but that’s no longer necessary.

Ed

How about add city or zip code? that is exactly how weather.com has it in the box on there web site

That would work, for US ZIP codes but the current WW button doesn’t work for cities only weather codes and zip codes. But if the City Search function were incorporated it makes sense. In fact then simply Add City or Add Location works. Yes?

Ed