Server Not Found error ?

I started experiencing this problem about 2 days ago with ‘Server Not Found’ on my home computer… WW was working fine, the 5.6 beta 3… Then I started getting the ‘Server Not Found’ message… I do NOT have the ‘Do Not save encrypted pages to disk’ setting enabled, nor have I ever… My computer at work is running 5.5… That is still obtaining updates without issue… I tried uninstalling 5.6 Beta 3 from Add/Remove, then deleted the directory it was in, and reinstalled 5.5 from scratch… I am still getting ‘Server Not Found’ when trying to add my city…

What could be the problem here? Its very frustrating! There is no firewall on the system, Im running XP SP2 with the internal XP firewall disabled… Any help would be appreciated. I can access weather.com just fine…

Rick

rickny, try checking that setting, apply, uncheck the setting, then apply…

I too never had that setting checked… but turning it on then off worked for me.

rickny can you modify this link to use your weather location code and try it?

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/U … f=5&dayd=5

The characters that need to be modified are the USMO0614.

In fact, try it as shown then modify it and try it again. Let us know your results.

Ed

I can confirm what mastamoon said. I had the same issue as rickny, exactly. I have never had the “Do not save encrypted files” option enabled, but enabling it, hitting ok and then directly after going back and disabling it solved the problem I had.

I’m using ver 5.5c with XP pro SP2.
My internet options did not have the box “Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode” checked, so I checked it, hit “Apply”, then UNchecked it and hit “Apply” again. Voila! It worked!

BTW, I tried 5.6b4 and got the same “start and immediately stop” issue mentioned elsewhere. Bummer.

I was running 5.5c, which was working fine, when I decided to try out 5.6 Beta. That didn’t work, and now 5.5c won’t work either. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and neither one works anymore. Any suggestions?

I had emailed using the contact email about WW’s inability to connect to the servers. I had to format my PC last month and reinstall XP and when I reinstalled WW, it would never update. I tried uninstalling the old and DLing the other versions but nothing would update, the newest versions were even crashing before loading. I checked everything on your suggestion post and only have just this moment discovered a solution that worked for me: I reinstalled SP2. I now have server connectivity, and for the first time in almost a month, have local forecast available.

I hope this will help someone else.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by emm to the dee[/i]
I had emailed using the contact email about WW's inability to connect to the servers. I had to format my PC last month and reinstall XP and when I reinstalled WW, it would never update. I tried uninstalling the old and DLing the other versions but nothing would update, the newest versions were even crashing before loading. I checked everything on your suggestion post and only have just this moment discovered a solution that worked for me: I reinstalled SP2. I now have server connectivity, and for the first time in almost a month, have local forecast available.

I hope this will help someone else.

It did not help me.
I uninstalled SP2. Reinstalled WW and run WW → server not found.
Reinstalled SP2 and Reinstalled WW and run WW → still server not found.

bailly, and I am guessing you also tried everything in the post and the new download method as well?

http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/t … PIC_ID=662

I too reformatted the harddrive, installed SP2 and Weather Watcher on Feb. 14, 2005. I had no problems connecting to or receiving any weather from anywhere. Suddenly yesterday, my Weather Watcher and the weather.com page will not work. The only thing I’ve done recently was to download the Macromedia Flash Player 7 in which to view something I had to see. I have removed it and all it’s “left over garbage” from my registry. I can get everywhere and do anything and all my other programs work, so I am assuming it was the Flash or the weather.com page has changed something. All my settings are correct, according to what I have read. I downloaded the new version and it let me set everything up, but would not update the weather. I will see if I can view the weather.com page. I hope someone can help as I’ve tried everything and was viewing the weather 2 days ago.

Here’s a kicker. I “immunized” my Spybot S&D, poof…my Weather Watcher works! Looks like a lot of glitches happening on everyones computer! I hope someone else is helped by this info. I had to immunize Spybot twice and it showed the objects the second time and then my Weather Watcher popped up to update. :slight_smile: