Please add these options

I have a few things I hope to see some time soon!

1. Being able to just Single Click on icon in tray to open Weather Watcher.
  2. I would like to be able to see both the temp display and the Display current condition image icon both at the same time in the tray!
  3. No more this page can not be displayed one you first open weather Watcher.
  4. Better looking font for the temp display in the tray. Something wiith more of a windows XP look. the last one is hard to explain. But I am sure you know what I mean. Something more cool looking.

See how they make there font look http://www.softshape.com/software/deskt … /features/
Thats how Weather Watcher should be. I really would like that. Hell if you add that I would pay for weather watcher. Please please[:I]

Other then that Weather Watcher rocks![:)]

Hi gate1975mlm,

As another user, maybe I can help you with the current version, 5.5c.[8)]

quote:
1. Being able to just Single Click on icon in tray to open Weather Watcher. 2. I would like to be able to see both the temp display and the show what the weather is both at the same time in the tray! 3. No more this page can not be displayed one you first open weather Watcher. 4. Better looking font for the temp display in the tray. Something wiith more of a windows XP look. the last one is hard to explain. But I am sure you know what I mean. Something more cool looking.

<poof!>

1. Your first wish is granted. In the current version 5.5c (and maybe others), you can single click the temperature icon and Weather Watcher will appear!

2. Hovering over the temperature icon will bring up a tooltip showing whatever you have selected in the “Tray Tooltip” Weather Watcher options. While that is not the same as having it contantly displayed in the systray, but I think the icons in the systray all have to be the same maximum size – unless they are replacing the clock!

3. This one sounds like a networking issue. If Weather Watcher cannot connect to Weather.com right away when it is opened, then you are likely to get that message – depending upon you settings. Some settings that may help you in the WW options are:

A) Under the Auto Update settings, make be sure to check "Only download updates when connected to the Internet – OR – make sure your “Forecast Auto Update Rate” is long enough so that you have time to get connected to the Internet before WW attempts to connect.

B) Under the General settings, you could uncheck
o Retrieve Forecasts
o Update Wallpaper
o Check for new version
so that an immediate Internet Connection is not needed. I believe these will all be auto updated anyway when your Auto Update time has passed.

D) See the “stop auto dial up” thread for some other discussion.
http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=495&SearchTerms=tools

1. I see what you mean about Chameleon Clock, but I was inspired to go to the WW Options > Tray Icon, and try 30+ fonts. I ended up with one called “Elephant” that is more interesting than the standard Arial and is very readable. Using the fonts that are already on your computer will allow the Weather Watcher installation package and executable to remain relatively small.

I hope this helps.

PatrickB

PatrickB, I think gate1975mlm comments refer to the Weather Watcher 5.6 Beta.

gate1975mlm, all but #4 will be included in the 5.6 Beta 3 release (this week).

It’s not possible to use that type of font inside of a system tray icon. For starters, the icon space is too small. It would be possible to add the custom text where the clock is located, but then you wouldn’t have the clock [:D]

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
[b]PatrickB[/b], I think [b]gate1975mlm[/b] comments refer to the Weather Watcher 5.6 Beta.

gate1975mlm, all but #4 will be included in the 5.6 Beta 3 release (this week).

It’s not possible to use that type of font inside of a system tray icon. For starters, the icon space is too small. It would be possible to add the custom text where the clock is located, but then you wouldn’t have the clock [:D]

Yes I am talking about beta.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by PatrickB[/i] [2) Hovering over the temperature icon will bring up a tooltip showing whatever you have selected in the "Tray Tooltip" Weather Watcher options. While that is not the same as having it contantly displayed in the systray, but I think the icons in the systray all have to be the same maximum size -- unless they are replacing the clock!

What about this one?

http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/weathermon/images/sh4.gif

It’s very nice and shows both temperature and condition. The only problem of this program is the taskbaricon imo. So it would be great if this program will get a taskbar icon like this.

While http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/weathermon/images/sh4.gif is a very precise icon image I think most here are looking for something easier to read, thus a larger</font id=“size3”> font not a smaller</font id=“size1”> one. [:D]

Now a single icon that would switch between weather icon and temp every 5 seconds would be interesting. [8D]

Ed

WW could export a text file every time it updates the weather info you could use another application such as http://www.samurize.com to read it in and present it else ware. Samurize can replace the task bar clock with a user design one, how about a binary clock with other information.

This would be in addition to the log file.

There may be a way to get samurise to parse the logfile as you can write script functions and output the results.