OMG!!!

the best… I said it “Weather Watcher” was the best.
I said, that Weather Watcher Live… was not the best.

your little sit in the tray and tell me the temperature program was absolutely the best…

Once in the tray, Weather Watcher and Weather Watcher Live look the same.

Weather Watcher Live also has a skinned interface, so it would be possible to create a skin that looks exactly like Weather Watcher. So, you’re saying you’d be interested in Weather Watcher Live if it the interface looked like Weather Watcher?

I’m not sure. If there was a skin that elimated the stuff I didn’t want to see and hid the buttons and maps that took me to Weather Bug’s website, I might try it. Unfortunately, there seems to a major lack of skins for WWL.

There is one other thing that put me off Weather Watcher “Live.” Weather Bug’s data from their own stations is top notch and up to the second. However, those stations are few and far between. Consequently, there is not a WB station close enough to my location to be of any value. I’m stuck with the NWS feed relayed through WB. I get the impression that this is the same data that Weather Channel relays through their feed. Early on, I tested WWL and WW side by side. I had them both updating every 5 minutes and they both checked for updates within seconds of each other. I watched the observed times on both and, in my case, Weather Channel’s relay of the data feed was significantly quicker. i.e. WW was more “Live” for me than WWL. That’s still an issue today.

Are there any Weather Underground stations by you? I’ll have access to their data soon.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=michigan&searchType=WEATHER

Yes, I believe it is.

Sorry to hear of all this.

WWL don’t have data for my i[/i] city of 88 thousand people (chico, ca) so I must use WW, till it goes belly up.

I think a few more skins to choose from is an excellent idea and probably would silence a few of the skeptics.

That would be a significant addition to WWL. Definitely worth giving WWL another try, especially if there might be a couple of skin choices soon. In the meantime I’ll continue with WW as long as it still works.

I just realized something. I suppose this is just an oversight, but…

Why is Weather Watcher Mobile seemingly still available and not announced in the forums as being discontinued? Wouldn’t it have the same “conflicts and licensing issues with the Weather Channel” seeing as it also uses that data feed?

That too will soon be replaced with a WeatherBug/Weather Underground version.

Kewl, wunderground rocks.

I just made reference to it in the WWL charging post - so now I know it is coming…