Old WTPs - unused?

Hi Mike (or anyone else who might know),

I’ve been wondering about some WTP files included in some (older?) forecast skins - what are they used for, if they’re even used anymore?!?

The files (i know of) are in the classic skin:
-Alert.wtp
-CurrentAlert.wtp

and in addition to these, EdPs classic has:
-DailyLineA.wtp
-DetailedLineA.wtp
-DetailedLineB.wtp
-HourlyLineA.wtp
-HourlyLineB.wtp

What are they for? How do they get shown from WW? or are they just outdated and included for backwards compatability?

Would be nice to know if it’s more stuff to play with - and maybe if there is even more???

The following .WTP files are currently being used:

• Current.wtp
  • Daily.wtp
  • Detailed.wtp
  • Hourly.wtp

All others are outdated.

Holy cow!!! Where’d I get those from? [:I]

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

But just out of interest, what were they for? And would it make any sence to include then for backwards compatability? And is there any chance skinning of the alert window will return?

And on a side note, would it be possible for you to make some way of activating the different interface buttons/features from the forcast skin?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fl?gger[/i]
But just out of interest, what were they for?
They were used to loop through the various lines of the forecasts.
quote:
And would it make any sence to include then for backwards compatability?
No. The new looping structure if much quicker since it doesn't have to load the templates from separate .WTP files.
quote:
And is there any chance skinning of the alert window will return?
Perhaps. The way it was setup before was not really ideal for viewing multiple alerts, which is why it looks the way it does now.
quote:
would it be possible for you to make some way of activating the different interface buttons/features from the forcast skin?
I guess anything is possible [8D] It would be tough to make a webpage interact with a program though.

Ohh, okay, thanks Mike :razz:

Just got a little curious if I were missing out on something, but guess I weren’t… Yet… But that’ll probably all some in good time… Or something like that…

Concerning the program/webpage interaction, maybe this could help?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau … orward.asp

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i] I guess anything is possible [8D] It would be tough to make a webpage interact with a program though.
Hmm, command-line options would be useful, and not just for such a specific function. WW already checks if it's currently running, and here's another potential use: with a command-line switch for each display page, you could always be sure of opening a specific one regardless of the way it was last "saved" (closed). Heck, you could even have a different shortcut/icon for each of WW's pages, and it would open 'em whether or not WW's already running. [:D]

'Droid

Landroid, yes, that could work too. The link Fl?gger provided looks pretty promising. I think I will start there.