Not Receiving Weather Watcher Alerts for Coventry, RI

Hi,

I am having a problem getting Alerts for Coventry, RI, Providence, RI, Boston, MA. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted. I have deleted the folders each time from program files. I have edited the registry to ensure it is clean.

Please note that I can get the alerts for Detroit, MI, Chicago, IL, but that doesn’ do me any good, since I live in Coventry, RI.

I’m using version 5.6.24a, got it from download.com this AM.

Please help.

Thanks, Ken

Weather Watcher gets the alerts from www.weather.com[/url]. If you check your weather at [url=http://www.weather.com]www.weather.com, are they displaying an alert for the city you have setup in Weather Watcher?

UPDATE:
It looks like an error in weather.com’s weather data feed. They are not showing an alert in their weather application either.

Hi Mike,

I’m not sure if you did anything, but I am now receiving weather alerts for Coventry, RI and I did not do anything to update the software.

thank you,

Ken

That’s because the problem wasn’t a Weather Watcher software problem but rather a weather.com problem and there were probably a lot of people who complained to them about it. :icon_smile:

WW gets it’s forecast data from weather.com so if weather.com has a problem WW looks bad, but is not the cause of the problem.