Minimize WW

Am i missing something? How do I minimize WW after bringing it up from the tray? I have it start minimized, but after clicking on the icon it opens and the only option to hide it is to exit the program. I would rather let it run in the background to be called up when I want it and then sent away.

I am not the cause of your problems, I am a result of your actions. Your life is not my fault.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by rhino210[/i]
Am i missing something? How do I minimize WW after bringing it up from the tray? I have it start minimized, but after clicking on the icon it opens and the only option to hide it is to exit the program.

Open the WW Options > General Tab. Make certain “Exit WeatherWatcher when red “x” is clicked on the main window.”
Then you can use the red X to minimize the application to the tray icon.

Fine print never contains good news.

The “X” in the upper right corner of my WW window is white. Other than that, what jeromy said should be what you’re looking for rhino210. When done looking at the WW window, click on the window’s “x”.

Ed</font id=“size2”>

When I set my General,“Miscellaneous”, check mark at “exit weather watcher when “X” is clicked on the main window”, the tray Icon Temp. disappears and I have to go into Programs and reset ‘WW’!!..[???]

And by the way, my Laptop ‘WW’ is now working fine and to the best of my knowledge I haven’t changed anything on “WW” or the machines settings. My desktop is another subject however, as discussed about a week ago with Ed. and others, it will not download any weather updates; have tried unclicking/clicking all the stuff in my Internet Options, have shut down the firewall and other virus/malware type filters, have tried the Beta version, have uninstalled and reinstalled the V5.5e so many times I can now do it with my eyes closed [and my wife says with my brain shutdown !!..figgers eh ?] Soooah, if anybody has anything new out there to try, lay it on me, I’ll try anything !!..nice day here, about 72F/22C, Lk. Ontario is cold so it cools us off a bit:…have a good one-Doug.

Oshawa, Ont.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by McDoogie[/i]
When I set my General,"Miscellaneous", check mark at "exit weather watcher when "X" is clicked on the main window", the tray Icon Temp. disappears and I have to go into Programs and reset 'WW'!!..[???]
?? That is what that option is meant to do so what is your question?
quote:
[i]Originally posted by McDoogie[/i] And by the way, my Laptop 'WW' is now working fine and to the best of my knowledge I haven't changed anything on "WW" or the machines settings.
My suggestion for it is then, [b]don't touch it!![/b] [:D] You know, let sleeping dogs lie, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, etc. [:D]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by McDoogie[/i] My desktop is another subject however, as discussed about a week ago with Ed. and others, it will not download any weather updates; have tried unclicking/clicking all the stuff in my Internet Options, have shut down the firewall and other virus/malware type filters, have tried the Beta version, have uninstalled and reinstalled the V5.5e so many times I can now do it with my eyes closed [and my wife says with my brain shutdown !!...figgers eh ?] Soooah, if anybody has anything new out there to try, lay it on me, I'll try anything !!...nice day here, about 72F/22C, Lk. Ontario is cold so it cools us off a bit:....have a good one-Doug.
I don't remember where we left off in working this so if I repeat anything ignore it. 1. Check you firewall(s). While some people don't run any some run 2 or more so make sure you look for all that may be running. 2. Check IE's Restricted Zone. It's possible an antispyware pgm added weather.com to it. 3. Check the Windows HOST file. It's possible an antispyware pgm added weather.com to it. These are the only things that I am aware of that can restrict access to a particular site other than spyware.

hth</font id=“size2”>

Ed</font id=“size2”>